Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed Interview?

Donny

ADC
The couple of times I've used it, it's sent a passcode to my phone. Perhaps it's been updated since, or perhaps I'm a bit of an IT Biff.
The desktop/laptop app has to be authenticated with a passcode if you haven’t used it for a while, otherwise you’re straight in as @NSP says. It’s been like that as long as I’ve used WhatsApp on a desktop, which must be 5 years or so.

I see a pattern forming here wrt inapporiate dress for a given situation...

I won't be mentioning "the incident" at rinteln (specs ward, early 90s)

I would like 47 other incidents to be taken into consideration or forgotten about as well

I won't be mentioning "the incident" at rinteln (specs ward, early 90s)

I would like 47 other incidents to be taken into consideration or forgotten about as well

North Yorks Police would like closure of a unicorn seen w@nking on the hard shoulder of the M1 Southbound last November.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I am having a speed interview on Thursday afternoon.
Basically I applied for a job last week with a major company just on the off chance, anyway they got back to me pronto and yesterday I had a telephone interview which went well and then I had to do an online test which I'm pretty sure I got 100% on.
So, they have phoned me this morning and said I have a speed interview tomorrow on whatsapp .

Basically has anyone experience/advice of this? Bear in mind I'm in my 50s so not a dynamo on stuff like this.

If you need the money then you need the money, but nothing reputable recruits anything substantial this way.

B42T

LE

Well, it turns out I got duff info, it was a normal interview with head of HR.
Tbf, he was ok and we got on well, ended up talking about football .
it went really well, approximately 45 mins.
will find out tomorrow or monday. I'm employed anyway, so if they make me an offer I can take it or leave it.

Well, it turns out I got duff info, it was a normal interview with head of HR.
Tbf, he was ok and we got on well, ended up talking about football .
it went really well, approximately 45 mins.
will find out tomorrow or monday. I'm employed anyway, so if they make me an offer I can take it or leave it.
Best meetings like that - you spend minimal time checking out the bona fides then the rest of it working out if you 'fit'.

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
I swaer on mi horses life this is pukka gen. Back in the day I went to a recruitment firm in Holbourn to register for work with them, a little girl for it WAS she got my CV ,references and completed application form and then we generally discussed the vacancy for which I had an Interest , my paperwork was impeccable and on paper I was a good candidate for interview . Then she said oops I've missed something off and popped out to the back office for a second and came back with a pot of colored cardboard sticks , she slung them on the table and siad please pick these up in order of colour preference . Why? was my lively response because I'm nothing if not an inquiring wee soul. She said it's a psychometric test we now do . Oh yus said I , how does it work then ?
I'm not allowed to tell you , ok, what does it prove then . Oh it measures if you are a right person for the job ...

Aha , So my Fellowship certificate of my professional body ,my top class references and experience plus the copy of my Hayes and Meyers psychometric test could be wrong and I'm not a person who should be working in accounts then but your little sticks will confirm this or tell you that I realy should be an Astronaut then ?

Look I said , if you place me your company stands to obtains at least five k finders fee plus the chance to make a relationship which ensures that I look to you first when I need temps , and I will, but all this hinges on how I pick up colourd sticks ? yes said she firmly . Well that's sad because you are not an agency that I would be conformable using in any shape or form.

Duly placed in a similar post by another agency who then reaped the rewards. This was in The 1990s when consultants selling black magic options were rife in the City.

Yes I did get a chance to remind them of this lash up at a business convention later that year year when they were trying to sell their wares .
Forget the coloured sticks the ability to write coherently is always a prerequisite I find, cant think why you failed.

B42T

LE
Well, at 11:00 I got phone call from hr head honcho, offered me the job :). Tbh, I'm a bit shocked, however I've accepted as it's a lot more than I'm on now.
Stroll on September.

Unfortunately I'm still not gonna be in same league as half of the arrse membership who are millionaires.......possibly, or maybe they tell a few fibs :-D

Latest Threads