Speech: "The UK will stand with the Somali people and their government"

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jun 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. As one of the UK people I could not give two shits about Somalia and its swashbuckling adventures.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  3. True and the same with Syria. Leave them to it.

4. Seems we've still plenty of money to chuck around. Shame we haven't an ability to look after our own people. Can I have some sort of pension before I die ?

5. "The UK will stand alongside the Somali people" - not difficult, as most of them appear to be here in any case.
    More meaningless grand-standing in my humble opinion.

6. I hate that neck of the woods, I wish them all unpleasantries.

Its a pity a large comet doesn't chip off a few African countries

7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

If i've told you once I've told you half a dozen times come and talk to me about your pension.

8. I think the spokesman should be asked to name which specific people of the UK wish to stand by the Somalis....

9. Are there any hell-holes anywhere in the world that Cameron and co don't want to involve us in?

10. I would have rather we had stopped at "standing shoulder to shoulder with the UN", and preferably made even that clear as only in the East Side of Manhattan!

This "standing shoulder to shoulder with the Somali people" is exactly the sort of outdated rhetoric which lands us with commitments later we neither want nor need. It's nonsense, and that sort of comment will come back to bite us where local to country or region power hungry groups and individuals derail progress.