Spectrum 128k + games - free to a good home

Hi chaps

I understand that the old Sinclair Spectrums are still sought after by old school gamers.

I have a Speccie 128k which, as far as I can tell, still works, plus various accessories and a box full of games on tape. A cassette player which can be used to load the games is included.

All free to anyone who is willing to collect (West Midlands area)...

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Funnily enough I'm reminded and must ask son in law how his efforts are going to set up a console in my granddaughter's bedroom that only plays old emulator games (across all the old platforms).

Speaking of which. Is there anybody who ever completed Tir na Nog?

I read at the bottom that
Zzap!64 published a map of Tir Na Nog in 1985.[2]
I used copious sheets of Worthy Down graph paper in my efforts but felt I'd hardly scratched the surface.

Oh yeah, nostalgia rules! In addition to Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy: Elite, Knight Lore, Football Manager.

I spent a good few bob on joy-sticks because of Elite and I even splashed out on a Wafadrive as I was writing the blockbusting novel of the century. Until the tapes screwed up and wiped out months of work.

Funnily enough I'm reminded and must ask son in law how his efforts are going to set up a console in my granddaughter's bedroom that only plays old emulator games (across all the old platforms).

Speaking of which. Is there anybody who ever completed Tir na Nog?

I read at the bottom that

I used copious sheets of Worthy Down graph paper in my efforts but felt I'd hardly scratched the surface.
Tir na Nog, I forgot about that! Ate up hours, bloody sidhes.

I have a 48K Spectrum in the loft along with a dk'tronics "proper" keyboard and even a 5.25 inch disk drive interface. I taught myself BASIC with this setup and, as a challenge, wrote a programme that allowed a dice based board game to be played (v human or speccie). I even got 50 quid off one of the many mags around in the early 80's which published the programme. And on the strength of that, I had the edge in a job interview which got me into computing as a career. So mine is staying in the loft for "sentimental" reasons.

Just looked up one of my favorites which was 'Robin of the Wood' and read that it was made by 'Odin Computer graphics'. Bloody hell that has taken me back.
Reading CRASH magazine on the school bus and checking out the amazing graphics of the next blockbuster game that was due out next week (because new amazing games were released every week, not once or twice a year like now).
Handing around D90's with about 20 games on them from your mate Darren cause only he had the patients to fiddle around with his tape to tape player to get the right 'gain' or volume on the copy.

Feck, I have come over all nostalgic now, I wanna buy a Raleigh Burner and drink some sodastream.

Hi chaps

I understand that the old Sinclair Spectrums are still sought after by old school gamers.

I have a Speccie 128k which, as far as I can tell, still works, plus various accessories and a box full of games on tape. A cassette player which can be used to load the games is included.

All free to anyone who is willing to collect (West Midlands area)...
If it's going buckshee, I'm happy to drop a couple of notes to Hols 4 Heroes for it when I get home next week.

I fly in from Kabul a week this Thursday, but could collect the weekend of the 16th/17th?

Last edited:
Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy! Games forever seared into the memories of my youth.
Git.

Diddle diddle diddle dee
Diddle dee
Diddle dee
Etc.

Bloody Hall Of The Mountain King earwormed into my skull now. It was also used in MM so presumably they just dumped a bloke of code into the successor.

it's fighting for headspace with If I Were A Rich Man which was used in the later versions of JSW on those cartridge things.

Git.

Diddle diddle diddle dee
Diddle dee
Diddle dee
Etc.

Bloody Hall Of The Mountain King earwormed into my skull now. It was also used in MM so presumably they just dumped a bloke of code into the successor.

it's fighting for headspace with If I Were A Rich Man which was used in the later versions of JSW on those cartridge things.
Just for you mucker.

I could never get past The Cold Room.

Quirkafleegs to you.

Reminds me of the noise used to brainwash Michael Caine in the Ipcress File.

If it's going buckshee, I'm happy to drop a couple of notes to Hols 4 Heroes for it when I get home next week.

I fly in from Kabul a week this Thursday, but could collect the weekend of the 16th/17th?
I'll be in London that weekend (15th - 17th) - but if you want the stuff I'm flexible with timings.

Feck, I have come over all nostalgic now, I wanna buy a Raleigh Burner and drink some sodastream.
I had a 'proper' BMX. The soda stream hasn't aged well, we acquired one off the in-laws, it gets used now and again to make quite good tonic water (when we forget to go to the shops), but the cola, limeade etc. is utter gash.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
If Ivan drops out for some reason I'll take it. It'll frighten the shit out of the boy, who already thinks I lived in a cave, because TV had just 3 channels :rolleyes:

If Ivan drops out for some reason I'll take it. It'll frighten the shit out of the boy, who already thinks I lived in a cave, because TV had just 3 channels :rolleyes:
Dagnamit, now theres a queue. :(

I loved my 128 +2 and the two 48k that preceded it. Even if the original rubber keyboards couldn't stand up to 10 yr old temper tantrums during the Jetpac months.