Specialist! RLC Tank transporting

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by tank6275, Mar 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Anyone have information on the specialist TA Tank transporting unit?

    Could I still stay at my current unit and do the tank transporting as well or if you're in one unit do you stay there?
    how does it work?
    just out of interest
  2. fyi the tank transporter that are enployed by fast track are on a pityful wage around 12000 pa!!!
  3. I have been out of the loop on this for a while but I suggest you contact Fasttrax, as they own, operate and maintain the HETs in peacetime and provide a third of the operator and maintainer manpower for operations in the form of Sponsored Reserves. NB: the SRs are civilians employed by Fasttrax and not Regulars.

    Lifted from FasTTrax

    £23,545 rising to £24,134 basic after training + Operational (50%) & Training uplifts + TA Bounty up to £2,382 before tax. On Operational service in certain theatres, Sponsored Reservists also receive an Operational Allowance of £19.03 per day before tax. Our Operators can typically earn over £38,500 in a year in which they serve 6 months in theatre (subject to status).

    Qualifications & Requirements
    Qualified C+E (HGV 1)
    Minimum of 2 years C+E Articulated experience
    Not more than 6 penalty points on licence
    Physically fit
    Willing to work away from home when required

    Hope this helps.
  4. I have looked into fastrax before but i thought there was also a specialist TA unit that did tank transporting as well
  5. A sqn RWxY do armoured delivery, not the same thing but similiar in some repsects.