Specialist gen wanted

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Cutaway, Feb 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Cutaway

    Cutaway LE Reviewer

    Anyone particularly qualified or perhaps a specialist in shunt and/or NG feeding ?

    If there's a non-Arrser at your place of work who fits the bill, I need some gen and advice on the subject.

  2. I've been told I am a shunt at times..........nope got that wrong, it was that other word..........it'll come to me eventually........on a serious note, will find a mate, who if I recall correctly, did a course in it or something nursey along those lines. Shall get back to you in a few days.
  3. Cutaway

    Cutaway LE Reviewer

    Cheers DL.

    If anyone else can stick their oar in please do, the more the merrier.
  4. what do you want to know?
  5. know a bit about ng feeds and wife was scbu so if its babies she would know the answer :)
  6. Cutaway,

    If you still need some info, PM me as missus is a Nursey and seems to know a fair bit about it (told me what NG stood for anyway!)
  7. My missus does this stuff all the time. I'll get her to reply. What do you need to know? Send me an email to my ARRSE email account.
  8. Cutaway

    Cutaway LE Reviewer

    Cheers for the replies lads, and apologies that I've not got back to everyone personally yet.

    I'm looking for any gen about a 'course' in the correct use of shunts both with & without drip counters/pumps.

    This used to be taught to nurses/staff nurses during practical experience - but some places are turning opening the Med Cen door into a three day cse !

    Any contact I can get with a specialist in this matter would be appreciated, especially a from consultant quack.
    I've been chasing it up via other means this last week with varying degrees of success, but if I can get more contacts it'll earn pints.