Special Reconaissance Regiment

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Morty, Dec 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Didn't really know where to ask this so apologies if i'm asking in the wrong place. Can anyone shed any light on this regiment, which was formed on April 1st 2005 and falls under the command of the Director of UK Special Forces (source: 'The British Army, a pocket guide 2006 - 2007'). Does anyone have any knowledge of their selection process (hope it doesn't include spelling) and wether they have been on operations? Cheers.

Merry Chrimbo!

2. There's a DIN available on the intranet. I suggest you look there.

And do you honestly expect anyone to comment on UKSF operations on an open Internet forum? :roll:

3. Morty go through your RCMO.

4. Cheers chaps, much appreciated!

5. Sorry to be so pedantic (again) - but there are two "n"s in the noun "reconnaissance". I think it was originally a French word we now use as "recognisance" (which has decayed into "recognition"), meaning identification or clarification. Anyone who has any higher qualifications on the subject, is welcome to correct me. Cheers.
    Cliff.

6. Morty have a word with yourself.

If you've even the slightest intention of applying for the SRR, then at least try and do some proper research, (which should not include asking bone questions on an open source website) you'll be surprised what you can find out.

Merry Christmas

7. morty.

The selection is pretty rigourous and as part of the vetting process they check your IIP files through your URL to see what web sites you've been looking at.

The selection is very attritional, you could also try 49 PARA...they've been formed up as part of FAS(pt2) very secretive but also very challenging

8. pmsl @ goon bde 49 lol

9. keefy, why are you laughing?
    49 PARA Is a real unit! If you don't believe me ask Pte Golden :D

10. Do you not think that The Enemy will have a copy of the booklet and be better informed about the British Forces than anyone on this site. Ask away lad.

11. Do you mean three "n"s :? :?

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

You mean the lowlifes in Downing street ?

13. Morty, there've been at least 5 threads on the SRR already - use the search function with the keyword SRR for the collective wisdom of ARRSErs...

14. I think i saw another thread by morty on milling.

do you think he may be the new recruiting sgt for the 49th?

15. And on sphinx...