Special Poppy Design Umbrellas

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Fullwit, Jul 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just had a look at the PPrune website and there is a bit in there about umbrellas with a poppy design. They do look very good - I'm thinking of getting one, especially since they make a donation to Forces charities.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=233750

2. Its a good idea and looks great as a single poppy, don't how they're able to market them at those prices though - exceptional value. Thanks for the link.

3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

They look very smart, so I've ordered one....be very handy when I'm standing on a street corner with a collecting box in the rain....ummm...slightly less than impressed with the the amount they say they donate for each one sold though - 45p to 'charitable causes' ? I've checked with the RBL and they do get benefit from these sales.

Without being a knocker .....the << Happiness is Iraq in my Rearview Mirror >>T-shirts (see other thread) generate FOUR QUID each for the Army Ben Fund.....?

Lee Shaver

4. Poppy design umbrellas? Does that mean they have a picklehaube shaped wig on the top? :D

I am the prowd owner of one of Goatman's "Happyness is Iraq..." T-shirts and they are well worth the dosh. Plus, as he says, £4 for the ABF...

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I am now the proud owner of one of these and it is an attractive and well-made bit of kit which I look forward to gleefully deploying at the Armistice Day parade in my village in November.

G'Man

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

7. Sorry, biff question, btu I've clearly missed them - any chance of a link to get these t-shirts - any ABF support is good enough for me....

RJ

8. Anyone living in "The Smoke," can pop into the shop at the Royal Chelsea Pensioners Hospital and pick up a poppy Brolly along with many other fine bits and bobs. Also take a chance to visit the museum about these top fellas.