Special Offer for TAKING THE BLOOD OF BUTTERFLIES

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Butterflies, Nov 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi There,

We a have a special offer on Tickets for this Friday, 3rd November 2006 and Tuesday, 7th Novmeber 2006.

All tickets are 2 for 1. Phone the box office or come on the night and quote BUTTERFLY.

The play is at OVAL HOUSE and the box office is 020 7582 7680.

Below, is some of the responses from the public who have seen the show:

“A moving and evocative piece giving a raw and acute observation of the effect upon both military and civilians during war torn occupation. Although at times brutal dignity and hope filter through. Set and lighting design created exactly the right atmosphere. Fine ensemble acting and direction. Albeit sometimes an uncomfortable watch this is a poignant piece of thought provoking theatre worth seeing.” Jan Hirst, (London), 1st November 2006

“An excellent performance from all, especially the US General. There are moments of silence, but they are not uncomfortable. I'm not entirely sure if I got the author's meanings but the sense of insanity and desperation of peace-keeping corps was portrayed to me. A very enjoyable experience.” Simon Davies, (Oxford, England), 31st October 2006

“A gentle, moving look at who the real casualties of war are away from the front-line, as the lives of both soldiers and prisoners alike seem to reverse - their worlds and minds slowly unravelling amidst the mayhem. A strong performance by Annabelle Capper.” Anonymous Audience Member, (London, England), 1st November 2006

“This is not just another play about the war on Iraq or another commentary piece of the political battle East and West are embroiled in. It is a sensitive look at how soldiers are sent into negotiate peacefully among civilians and how their presence does more damage than good. The effects of war takes it's toil out on everyone including the very essence, represented here by mother and daughter bound to a country caught in a never ending war. I left the auditorium quiet and thoughtful as did the rest of the audience, it had moved me internally; not many plays have that affect.” Maria Ferran, (London), 30th October 2006