Special Observer SERE training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Email

Swinger
I looked around and haven't seen this being asked before and I didn't feel like this would fit in the "what trade should I go for" thread so I thought I should just make a new thread for my question, apologies if this was the wrong thing to do.
Is the SERE training that the Royal Artillery Special Observers do the same as the SERE training that is in SF selection? I would have guessed it is however since they're not sf, im not sure whether they would do the same training or not. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

You’ve been watching SAS - who dares wins’ haven’t you?

Since the Royal Regiment is civilised, the concept of interrogation is rather vulgar.

One merely sits down and discusses the relevant niceties over a pot of tea.

Email

Swinger
You’ve been watching SAS - who dares wins’ haven’t you?
Of course, it is a great show, I have been watching since season 1. However, the reason I am asking is because I read that the Special Observers do SERE training and I was curious if it was the same.
Since the Royal Regiment is civilised, the concept of interrogation is rather vulgar.

Ah, splendid. What a treat!

UKTAP

LE
They do a special SERE-lite course, where you get socks but not laces with your boots, and get a four finger Kit Kat at STARTEX.

Also, if you get caught, rather than get filled in by some Fijians, you simply get dropped off at the NAAFI so you can get yourself a can of Monster and an egg banjo.

Indeed, given their gentle nature, Artillery chaps tend to fold once the muffins have been withdrawn and spill all giving up their grannies at the same time.

No one has ever held as long as the Jaffa Cakes being on the table.

Email

Swinger
I welcome the comedic comments but a serious response would also be appreciated. Im not saying to stop the jokes, I like them so please keep them coming.

NSP

LE
Indeed, given their gentle nature, Artillery chaps tend to fold once the muffins have been withdrawn and spill all giving up their grannies at the same time.

No one has ever held as long as the Jaffa Cakes being on the table.
Is there any point to interrogating a gunner?

"What is it that you plan to do in the attack we know you have planned?"

"Sorry, mate - could you speak up a bit?"

"What is it that you plan to do in the attack we know you have planned?"

"Sit by the gun playing cards, smoking and spinning dits until someone calls in a fire mission."

"And then what is the plan?"

"Well, to - like - get a bit kinetic. Y'know; put the cards down, get up, man the gun, aim, elevate, load and fire until told to stop, basically."

"When will that be?"

"Erm... You're being serious, right...?"

"Where will your next fire mission be aimed?!"

"A few seconds after we know, mate, then so will you."

QRK2

LE
Of course, it is a great show, I have been watching since season 1. However, the reason I am asking is because I read that the Special Observers do SERE training and I was curious if it was the same.
In that case you'll have seen someone running that phase on a previous series who when through his interrogation when training to be a TA Spec Obs. He didn't complete the course though.

Email

Swinger
In that case you'll have seen someone running that phase on a previous series who when through his interrogation when training to be a TA Spec Obs. He didn't complete the course though.
Which season was that?

.........biscuits? Asking for a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads