Special Forces Heroes Ch 5 20:00

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by singha61, Nov 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Special Forces Heroes
    Last Stand in Oman.
    Drama-documentary series that highlights the heroic work of Britain's special forces. This instalment recreates the extraordinary events of 18 July 1972, when a group of nine SAS soldiers defended a small fort on the southern coast of Oman from some 300 communist insurgents. The battle pushed the troops to their very limits and has become known by many as the SAS's finest hour.
    (Followed By Five News at 9, Subtitles)
  2. Not really a last stand as they won or am I giving away the ending :D ?
  3. I Sky +'d these and have watched them over the last few days. Am currently watching tonights Oman one as we speak.

Seem to be very well made and seen as they actually have the guys that were involved on the Ops in the interviews, you can guarantee that they are pretty true to the story.

Excellent TV and some excellent re enactments, well worth a watch.

Don't know if Ch 5 have the equivelant of the Beebs iPlayer but if they do and you haven't seen it, go find it and have a look, you wont be dissapointed.

Also quite amusing to see what some of the "Old and Bold" hooligans that have been there and got the Tshirts look like now. Wouldn't bat an eyelid at them in the street.

Not that I'd ever want any old fellas house to be broken into, but the thought of some chav scumbag deciding to pick on the nice old white haired man in his 50's that turns out to be the real "second man on the balcony" or one of the Mirbat mob does make me smile.
  4. Would be interested to know if there is any means of viewing this programme on the net.Thanks
  5. Well Thank You!!
  6. Yes quite a well documented action now

I take it the two giving interviews without the 'Black nasty' over their eyes are actors - (well they would really as Mike Kealy is now dead 8O )

Fcuking disgrace about the medals eh?
  7. About 20 years ago 3 w@nkers tried mugging friend of mine who was about 60 at the time, 5 foot 6. 12 stone little fat b@stard.

He put the 3 in hospital, ex unarmed combat instructor with "them"

By fcuk did we celebrate.

Unfortunately had to attend his funeral about a month ago, he always said that if he'd known he was going to live so long he would have taken better care of himself. Job Done.
  8. Reminds me of the story of an opportunist thief who broke into a house in Stepney and got the 'good news' from the owner, John McVicar.

Incredible bravery and devotion and, as already pointed out, virtually unsung.
  9. Yeah, it was a shame about the medals, what really pissed me off was the guards hiding inside the building, whilst the SAS were nearly getting their arrses handed to them, they would have been a battle changing force !!
  10. Oh the naivety!
  11. Awesome program, how many others have there been? I thought this was the first.

Quite looking forward to Combat Cooks (Chefs) tomorrow, different view on things at least.
  12. Kin ell they're more deadly than "them" :wink: :wink:
  13. re: Mirbat, is that the battle where ''snapper'' from seven troop was involved?
  14. Was that one 'MC' by any chance?