Special Forces Funding

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by logan87, May 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am writing an essay regarding the use of special forces in Afghanistan and would find it useful to know the amount of funding U.K. special forces recieve each year and also how many personell are involved in this role. I have looked through the defence budget and searched online but have thus far found nothing. I am unsure whether this is considered secret information or not. If the information is indeed publicly accessible if anyone could point me in the direction of a source for this data I would be very grateful.

Thanks

2. Who for ?

3. Hahahahahaha!!! I suggest you choose a new title for your essay.

4. OK, you are Osama, send my £10 to Holidays 4 Heroes.

5. Just to reiterate as it seems that the purpose of the post may have been missed. All that was requested was a point in the right direction if the information is publicly available.

Thanks

6. Which paper do you work for?

7. You have 2 hopes......and one's called Bob.

8. They used to come around the GS squadron and threaten to fill us in, if we didn't give them the kit they wanted. I had to to write off thousands of pounds worth of black nasty because of them.

9. No it isnt, and you dont need to know the said info, to write an essay about the use of them in Afgahnistan.

Use of and budget are two seperate essays.

10. Are you saying they hog tied you and then used you for their pleasure?

Or is there another use for BN?

11. I was talking about them not 3 para.
    Fuck knows what they use it for, I wasn't going to question them.

12. Mate don't listen to these spiks, their all arrogant stuck up pompus brats. You can't talk about "Them" on here its against ARRSE rules and you will only get mocked. You will have to go down another avenue. :)

13. Not at all. Just that asking for sensitive info on an open forum is not very bright is it?

14. :roll:

15. Well Logan, seeing their not being helpful, i will do my best to help. The initial budget was low, now its a hell of a lot higher, roughly about ---% of the budget is spent on each SAS Soldier, thats each not as a unit. Now acting in lines with opsec, the amount of boots on the ground, is roughly, and this is going by how many we hear about, stands at ---------.

So we are spending ---% X ------, so thats a lot of money.