Special Force boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Tartan_Terrier, Nov 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just got issued these today, (in Denmark, in case you're wondering why you are still wearing assault boots :)).

They're from a Portugese company that I've never heard of before called 'Sindocal', but they seem to be quite light and comfortable. They don't havea Goretex liner unfortunately, but otherwise seem ideal.

Have any of you heard of them before, or tried them out?

2. Completely confused (doesn't take much) are you British Army on ex in Denmark?

Describe the boots are they like Lowas? Magnums?

All I can find is a portugese website with no translation or reference to a free trade syndicate.

Cardinal

3. I quite understand your confusion, I'm actually ex-British Army and currently serving in the Danish equivalent of the TA.

Their website should be www.sindocal.com but I can't get it to work, so I don't know if they do any other models.

Here are the boots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. They look good, nice uppers. The box seems to have a British army recruiting poster for the RTR complete with Chieftain.

The soldes of the boots look to be of DMS type construction, are they OK?

Cardinal

PS did an ex in Denmark back in the mid 80's, Danes were an OK bunch.

5. Looks like a very nice set of treaders! Do they do them in size 6 (UK)?

MsG

6. The soles are supposedly "shock absorving"?, and do actually have a fair bit of give (much more than my old Boots Combat High for example).
    They are quite a tall boot too (26cm).

They've got a cambrelle lining, which will hopefully live up to the blurb.....

All in all, I'm definitely looking forward to giving them a bit of a workout as soon as possible.

7. They should do, I've seen one or two of our girls wearing them too.

8. Kiss me fückin' Oirish arrse, Tartan_Terrier! :D :D :D
    'Tis not my fault me plates is so small, is it?

MsG