Special Constabulary application.

I am about to submit an application to join the Special Constabulary. The application notes state that Reserve forces are a precluded occupation unless permission is granted by my CO.

Is there a specific form I need to fill in or is it just a case of writing a letter to my CO via the admin office?

Cheers in advance,

CC_TA

Surplus spare time and also a bit of a glutton for punishment. I have most Thursday afternoons to Monday nights off, TA and rugby permitting, thought it would be a good way to put something back into the community.

Ill_Fitting_Lightweights said:
Plastic soldier and now a plastic policeman? Have you committment issues?
Not really got any issues mate, 8 years in the regs. I thought a few months as a Special would give me a better insight in to a full-time job as a police officer.

CC_TA

CC_TA said:
I am about to submit an application to join the Special Constabulary. The application notes state that Reserve forces are a precluded occupation unless permission is granted by my CO.

Is there a specific form I need to fill in or is it just a case of writing a letter to my CO via the admin office?

Cheers in advance,

CC_TA
Hat off to you CC, but why is TA precluded? Aren't both voluntary?

Must be something to do with major incidents/conflicts of interest and the like, it doesn't state reasons why just the following jobs; (Unless approved by Commanding Officer.)

Medical & health professionals, Part-time/retained Fire Service members, members of the Armed Forces Reserve.

Others precluded include;

PCSO's, traffic wardens, school crossing patrols, full-time fire fighters, managers of licensed houses, security officers, etc, etc.

CC_TA said:
Must be something to do with major incidents/conflicts of interest and the like, it doesn't state reasons why just the following jobs; (Unless approved by Commanding Officer.)

Medical & health professionals, Part-time/retained Fire Service members, members of the Armed Forces Reserve.

Others precluded include;

PCSO's, traffic wardens, school crossing patrols, full-time fire fighters, managers of licensed houses, security officers, etc, etc.
OK! But as stated previously, hat off to you, best of Briish! :clap:

No there is no other application form to fill in. If your in the TA the application is reviewed by a police Superintendent. By the way don't hold your if its a North East constabulary I have been waiting over six months for a reply. The only problem it may cause is if your in the CCRF as I'm not sure which takes priority.

minime33 said:
No there is no other application form to fill in. If your in the TA the application is reviewed by a police Superintendent. By the way don't hold your if its a North East constabulary I have been waiting over six months for a reply. The only problem it may cause is if your in the CCRF as I'm not sure which takes priority.
Cheers mate, any more news/luck with your application yet?

CC_TA

Dont_Fear_The_Reaper said:
CC_TA said:

Cheers in advance,

CC_TA

I don't think it is precluded but it may have a conflict of interest depending on your cap badge. For instance, if you are RMP then you will be holding two warrant cards. It could be that Intelligence Corps may have a conflict of interest but thats all I can come up with - unless it is to do with mobilisation.
We had a bloke in my unit who was a special and it wasn't a problem (he just didn't tell anyone!). He subsequently joined the Met full time.

Cheers MBE!

I'm in sunny Bordon (Shudder) today for a medical, I'll ask some of the bods down there for some info, get a general consensus and like usual - do the complete opposite! :D

CC_TA

Catch! :crazy: What time's best me ol' china? Gotta see the scab lifters first 1100ish - if they haven't VOR'd or put me down - I'll be right round!

CC_TA

Onct (or even once)the body bag fillers have done with ya pop round.
Whatever you do dont bring Gingernuts with ya. Custard Creams are grand but i have never been the same since Fr Reilly (the red haired one) took a shine to me during Choir practice!
Urrrggghhhhh Gingernuts!
(Edited for mong typing)

MightyBigEgo said:
Dont_Fear_The_Reaper said:
CC_TA said:

Cheers in advance,

CC_TA

I don't think it is precluded but it may have a conflict of interest depending on your cap badge. For instance, if you are RMP then you will be holding two warrant cards. It could be that Intelligence Corps may have a conflict of interest but thats all I can come up with - unless it is to do with mobilisation.
We had a bloke in my unit who was a special and it wasn't a problem (he
just didn't tell anyone!). He subsequently joined the Met full time.
You must tell the police (if required ) that you are in the TA. Some forces will not allow members of the TA to join at all - it's all down to individual Chief Constables. Those that do, normally require that you have permission from the TA. If in doubt, ask - keeping quiet and pretending that you didn't know, would reveal a lack of integrity which would almost certainly result in you not being acceptable to the police and may affect your future with the TA.

There would be no conflict of interest for an RMP soldier having two warrant cards - if there was, full-time plods would not be allowed to join either. Remember that the Police (i.e. not the RMP) have primacy in the UK. I rather doubt that there would be any conflict of interest with the Int Corps either, unless we are implying that they carry out illegal activities.

CC_TA said:
minime33 said:
Cheers mate, any more news/luck with your application yet?

CC_TA
Nothing at the moment, but good luck with your application.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Army Reserve 1
M Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4
msr The Intelligence Cell 10