Special constable jailed for ex-soldier attack

(theres been a few threads on this over the last year, had a quick search but couldnt find any new threads or oldies that had been up-dated with this latest info, MODS please bin if I'm posting old news.)

BBC News - Special constable jailed for Wigan ex-soldier attack

A Greater Manchester Police special constable convicted of assaulting an off-duty soldier and lying about the attack has been jailed for three years.
Peter Lightfoot, 40, was filmed hitting Mark Aspinall while attempting to arrest him after he had been thrown out of a Wigan club last July.
In the footage, he can be seen punching the ex-soldier repeatedly in the back as he holds his head on the ground.
Lightfoot was convicted of assault and perjury last month.
Finaly, after all of this bent pigs B/S and arrogance hes got his comeuppance.

The judge rejected a claim for compensation for Mr Aspinall.
Now this bit stuck in my throat a tad, Marks face was quite a bit 'roughed-up', so to speak, by Lightfoot scraping his face back and forth on the tarmack, and he should have been able to get a few pints out of it all in compensation at least.

The other 2 cops were cleared and are now subject to an 'internal investigation'.
how the hell you can be cleared of being an accessory to an assault when they were holding him down whilst letting Lightfoot do the dirty deed is beyond me.
The GMP has had more than a few 'issues' with the Judge Dread/Robocop attitudes of some of its specials (some! not the majority), but it is disturbing to note on how the force is slow, or even declines to act, when some of thier own number are clearly in the wrong.

3 years? he'll be out in 1, but enjoy it anyway Peter. karma eh?