Spec Obs - payband???

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by discontented, Feb 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shoot me for asking but...

Does the Spec Obs role fall in the higher or lower band of pay? I'm sigs looking to do the course in the Autumn, so I thought I'd ask you you guys / gals instead of ringing the batt with a bone question.

Cheers in advance.

AR

2. Higher once you pass mate. Dont worry about bone questions, they love em!!!

3. Thank you kind squire.

R AR

4. Yep - loads of dosh.
    AS AR
    IMI II II AS AR
    INT QRK

5. What are the promotion chances like IF I get to the unit - It better be awarded on merit and distinction. One thing I hate about sigs; if you have t!t5 (and not on about the fat techs with plentiful moobs either) then your first tape is almost 'awarded' to you on arrival to a working unit, as is your class 2!

QRK 5
    IMI QRK 5
    INT QRK
    QRN
    IMI QRN
    INT QSL

K

6. Dont really want to get involved in the bunfight that is promotion throughout the army. In my experience promotion within the battery is just, fair and deserved in every case.

7. disco: QRK 5. You wont get much QRM either. The teams work and play hard. Very competitive. Most gents who pass selection go on through their military careers at a fair rate - lots of the older chaps having reached officer rank.

8. Cheers for the help guys, much appreciated.