Spearhead

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Ed_Straker, Feb 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst on good old Wikipedia I ended up going off at a tangent to a site about a programme called Spearhead about the 'Royal Wessex Rangers' sic which was apparently on in the very late 70s early 80s on some pointy head regional channel TVS etc.

As I was only young and live in Granadaland it rings no bells.

Apologies if this has been brought up before, just curious to know if was any good.

2. Vaguely recall it was an early predecessor of "Soldier,Soldier", produced because of the success of that RN soap opera about the Leander-class frigate ..... "Warship" ?....... HMS Hero.... etc

Can't remember any of the plot lines, but seem to recall it had lots of good old 1970s BAOR action.

3. I believe there has been a number of threads on this subject on ARSSE

Do a search

4. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Good series, started 1979 went on to 83ish. Had some good storyline plots of NI based on true accounts, Spent a year doing a Hong Kong plot which was so good that it was used as a training vid for the then EPC.
    Focussed on the differences in rank very well, believable in just about every sense.
    Soldier Soldier was just a soap in comparison.
    TB

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ah yes Twiss Adams the archetypal army nutter! Came complete with Hong Kong Suit on leave!

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ah yes Twiss Adams the archetypal army nutter! Came complete with Hong Kong Suit on leave!