Spearhead Battalion on standby to deploy to Libya

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bolo beret, Mar 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On BBC and Sky News now:

"The Army's spearhead battalion has been placed at a high level of readiness to deploy to Libya in support of rebel forces opposed to the Gaddafi Regime. The unit will deploy in response to UN resolution 2.376 - To assist with the peaceful establishment of governance for the people of Libya."

The Army Units involved are: 1st King's Own Fusiliers, 2nd Bn The Wessex Regiment, 1st Bn The Blankshire Regiment and 1st Bn The Loamshire Regiment. Supporting units comprise: The Royal Logistics Corpse and Linconshire ACF.

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

And sleep...................................................

3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Typical, the Loamshires were always getting deployed in my day as well.

5. C Coy, 1st Bn The Foot and Mouth supported by a detachment of AGC(SPS) are on standby for Yemen so I hear from sources close to the coalface.

6. FFS, We should keep well out of it, unless we want to give all the fundamentalists & Jihadists around the world yet more ammunition to recruit more British born Muslims to their cause to fight the new British crusaders, ala Iraq & Afghanistan!

Just let other Muslim states or the corrupt African Union send help if they feel the need, mind you I dont see the Pakistanis, Saudis or Nigerians rushing to get stuck in, so why the fuck should our troops intervene in what is an INTERNAL crisis!!!

7. Heard the 1st Bt The McDonalds Reg, with B Coy 2nd BK's and close support by 3rd Bt the KFC's

8. The LOAMSHIRES are a very distinguished regiment and have been on every operation in the Shaftsbury Gap since time immemorial! They have some famous members too, including WW1 hero Captain "Bulldog" Drummond DSO MC.

9. Can't we send the Royal Waltshires? Biggest regiment in the British Army apparantly?

10. Would that be the 1st Bt (SAS) Waltshires or the 2nd Bt (Para) Waltshires

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I bet 49 Para will be in the thick of it once they have been located at their secret location.

12. I should see their CO k*v h*ghes in the cock and bollocks tonight while watching the footie. I'll ask him.

13. You just havent got this have you. Lol

14. Why don't we just send a few UAV's

15. Long fucking walk and not much left worth nicking.