Spearhead 1978

If anyone remembers this , its on Talking pictures TV, ( Freeview channel 081, NOW !

Oh bloody wonderful. I finally get round to buying a telly after four years and they show this highlight of my childhood while I'm on holiday in sodding Morocco.

Oh bloody wonderful. I finally get round to buying a telly after four years and they show this highlight of my childhood while I'm on holiday in sodding Morocco.
I get the feeling its the sort of channel where its going to be on a constant loop

It is one of my favorite channels. I don't know if that's reflection on me or all the other TV channels!

It is one of my favorite channels. I don't know if that's reflection on me or all the other TV channels!
First time ive noticed it.. went from watching Danny Dyer being a cnut on BBC 1, to SLRs & Ventile DPM in seconds !

I was eight in 1978. Growing up on a County Durham council estate I remember the kids games, "Japs and English", "British Bulldog", "Spearhead"...

I remember a couple of kids were particularly keen on Spearhead. They were the "posh" kids, brother and sister, who were a couple of years older than us. (Did every council estate have a mandatory posh family or was it just ours? Anyway, looking back posh just meant well spoken, or well brought up rather than dragged up.) I remember fancying the sister at the time but even then realising that she was out of my league.

@Fusilier5039, thanks for reviving those memories.

I remember Spearhead as being a more enjoyable and more grown up version of Soldier Soldier.

However, memory does have a habit of playing tricks and it's very possible that both were shit.

I remember Spearhead as being a more enjoyable and more grown up version of Soldier Soldier.

However, memory does have a habit of playing tricks and it's very possible that both were shit.
Well I enjoyed it

And it went from spearhead to "Blonde Fist", is it worth hanging around for the blonde being fisted I ask myself

Bump. tonight, 22:00 Talking pictures TV freeview 081

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sirbhp The Book Club 0
wombat Old & Bold 31
MoD_RSS MoD News 2