Speakers

Hello all, I had my speakers plugged into my laptop. Sadly it broke inside the laptop, I got the rest of it out. The problem now is that if i put speakers or earphones in, I can't hear anything.

Any suggestions? Or should i just get it fixed?

Romeo_47

Romeo_47 said:
Hello all, I had my speakers plugged into my laptop. Sadly it broke inside the laptop, I got the rest of it out. The problem now is that if i put speakers or earphones in, I can't hear anything.

Romeo_47
How new is the laptop? I'd get a quote first, and then go and look at the price for a new one.

msr

msr said:
Romeo_47 said:

Romeo_47
How new is the laptop? I'd get a quote first, and then go and look at the price for a new one.

msr
2 and half years old. I am considering it. It still runs very well.

Romeo_47 said:
msr said:
Romeo_47 said:

Romeo_47

msr
2 and half years old. I am considering it. It still runs very well.
I dread to think how much they are going to ask to repair this though... it sounds (no pun intended) like you have broken the jack socket.

You can get a usb dongle thingy which gives you 2 sockets, 1 for a Microphone and 1 for Speakers. Doesn't need and drivers/etc so should work on any laptop/PC. If I find one I'll post the link.

Edit: Quick Google search gives examples.

Cow said:
You can get a usb dongle thingy which gives you 2 sockets, 1 for a Microphone and 1 for Speakers. Doesn't need and drivers/etc so should work on any laptop/PC. If I find one I'll post the link.

Edit: Quick Google search gives examples.
I've seen this happen on Dells and the repair requires Soldering - most IT can't solder anymore so will suggest a new Motherboard - cheaper to get a new Laptop or separate USB sound as above.