Speakers that are LOUD and affordable

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by craigh33, Aug 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently interested in buying a set of speakers for parties at my flat as i am a student. I am not sure what to get as im no expert and what better place to ask about party speakers than on here (the review sites are a bit technical and im not too sure what type of speakers are best for my needs). Oh and they have to be loud. Preferably loud enough to annoy the neighbors across the street. Sound quality isnt that important as long as they sound ok at high volumes and i will be playing the music through my laptop.
  2. Cheapo TV surround sound speakers. The ones I got cost £35 from Tescunts a few years ago. 1 big bass speaker/amp that 2 smaller speakers run off. Enough to fill my old place, which was a 950 sq ft detached bungalow. Make sure whatever you get has a 3.5mm plug.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Both seem like fairly good options at decent prices. Been looking at a few of the pc speaker 2.1 combos. Like the idea of a separate subwoofer to shake the room hmmm. Could always just buy a couple of Pringles tins though and save some money
  4. You could always go mental and get a pair of these off gumtree. Dubstep producers love 'em for checking out their filthy bass lines. Though your neighbors would certainly have you arrested. :)

ROKIT 5 Studio Monitors Speaker KRK SYSTEMS
  5. Haha that seems right up my street will definitely have a look at those

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. You live in a flat and you want LOUD speakers?
  7. Wants to get thrown out of his flat...or maybe torched out if the neighbours are more direct in their approach
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The loudness of the speaker is directly related to the amplification behind it and you won't get much amplification from a stereo jack out put on a laptop.
    You need either a pair of powered speakers or an amp with a line level input to plug your laptop into and then the speakers into that. If you go via the amp route (better of the two options) you could run your tv through it too.
  9. You need a Marshall stack that goes up to 11

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I got a set of Creative PC speakers from a car boot sale for a tenner some years ago. 2 smaller speakers plus a big sub box with adjustable bass.

They are very loud, decent enough sound quality, I even play the guitar through them sometimes.

The modern equivalent are about 35 quid new.
  11. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Orange micro terror.
    You have the baby orange head and orange speaker. Another one can be hoofed on. Not only will they work but it looks great.
    Not exactly affordable, but how many are you going to buy when you hear the racket these things make. Dogs ballocks.

12. Brian Blessed?
  13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

14. After much consideration and a quick look at my (limited) bank account I decided with the help of some of my old music teachers the best way to go is a small pa system as it is harder to break when or if should I say I ever manage to reach full volume. I origionally looked at a set of studio monitors but was told that they are very delicate and not made for blasting bass at a continuously high level. By the sounds of it aswell 300watts of noise with a mixer and amp incluided will do me!