Speakers for TV

Im getting a new flatscreen sunday and was looking into some external speakers for it.

I dont want to pay through the nose, but could i use PC speakers? Seen some here!

I just want to spice up the old gaming and movies.

Thanks all.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
how much do you want to spend? PC speakers are probably not the best option, theyre designes for best perfomance close up - you'd probably be far better going to richer sounds, buying a cheap hifi amp and speakers.

failing that, I have a Creative sub/satellite 2.1 system here that for the price and size sounds phenomenally good. Argos do their top of the line stereo set for about £70 I believe. but another £30 would get you a Cambrdige Audio stereo amp and some JBLs from richers.

Nooooo! Not PC speakers! Most are crap!

I agree with the others; try Richer Sounds and ask for advice. I bet they'll sell you an amplifier and all the other bits too!

Litotes

You can get an entire 5.1 system from Asda, including Sub Woofer with built in amp for £49.99.

Unless you lounge is huge they will do. Mine is 33 ft x 18 ft and turning them up full whack just deafens everyone in there , sound quality is way more than I expected for £50 as well. I believe they do a 7.1 system now for about £20 more.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Romeo_47 Gaming and Software 9
foggy_balla Weapons, Equipment & Rations 9
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2