Speaker Wire (7 Core)

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Army_Rizzle, Feb 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know if there is an nsn for decent speaker wire? Trying to wire up our new Gary Jokey machine in the mess and used single core wire, which sounds shit. Been told 7 core is the stuff we need. :desertsoldier:

2. Black and Tan? I heard it was supposed to be good stuff for that sort of thing.

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I know a few people in the industry - apparently when B&W (Bowers and Wilkins, speaker manufacturers of some repute) are doing trade shows, they go to the nearest B&Q and bulk buy mains extension cables, and wire up the demonstration kit with that... on the basis that it's as pure a copper as you're going to get anywhere.

4. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

You could just use some twin and earth (obviously you don't use the earth strand), its great for speakers because (apparently) it has a low impedance, as VG says

REME.....

snigger :D

5. Got one

14 twines

6145 99 015 1790

6. If you go to the useful NSN section of the QMs, the NSN for black 'n' tan is in there. Its a good for speakers and general blowing sh1t up sort of cable. I have a spare few drums of the stuff.