Where do they fall on the Walt scales

• Spaz Walts. Who need a life.

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Spy Walts. Who need to get a life.

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So where do these fall on the Walting scales of ARRSE?

Walter Mitty Hunt Community | Facebook

Welcome to Walter Mitty Hunt

Looking at some of the various pages it would appear walthunters are turning into spy walts themselves with comments about on going investigations and secret walt operations or needing five man surveillance teams for an operation to out a walt. Is this not more a stalking club for those who must have the compleat James Bond DVD boxset before you can join?
I noticed one of Toppers mates is a member!

I like a good walt hunt but im not going to put my life on hold for the sad cunts!

Walts - ARRSEpedia

Spaz Walts?

Spy Walt?

So where do these fall on the Walting scales of ARRSE?

Walter Mitty Hunt Community | Facebook

Welcome to Walter Mitty Hunt

Looking at some of the various pages it would appear walthunters are turning into spy walts themselves with comments about on going investigations and secret walt operations or needing five man surveillance teams for an operation to out a walt. Is this not more a stalking club for those who must have the compleat James Bond DVD boxset before you can join?
I noticed one of Toppers mates is a member!

I like a good walt hunt but im not going to put my life on hold for the sad cunts!

Walts - ARRSEpedia

Spaz Walts?

Spy Walt?
Probably beats train spotting, morris dancing or stamp collecting.

You forgot the poll button for:
"I dont give a fcuk - more important things in life to do"

Oh and Morris Dancers never short of Beer & Chicks.

The Infighting between the walt hunters is the more amusing part. If I am reading it right these are just one of a rival splinter group from another much bigger walt hunting organisation. How long will it be before there are WHC drive bys on the streets :)

A thread on walt hunters on the Waltenkommando forum, what fun! You should distinguish yourselves from these parvenus, use a nickname for yourselves, after all you were here first. I can picture the scene at 'The Danny Mitty Arms';

'Oh yes, we started the whole idea, we're what all the others base themselves on. We like to think of ourselves as 'The Originals'.'

Completely off thread, what happened to HMRC's attempts to get airsoft classified as firearms for tax purposes?

Airsoft lost their tax appeal tribunal hearing mid march. They're officially toys and taxed as such. Only remedy is if govt. brings in legislation saying otherwise.

Airsoft lost their tax appeal tribunal hearing mid march. They're officially toys and taxed as such. Only remedy is if govt. brings in legislation saying otherwise.
I thought Airsoft wanted them classed as toys, thus attracting less tax, HMRC wanted them classed as 'firearms' arguing that they were used in training(?) A golden opportunity for the re-enactors to say they used real guns, not toys.

Thanks for the info though.

I'm not sure what side of the fence to sit as according to the Walt hunters If you don't toe the line you are either Walt Protectors and or Walts who are desperate not to be exposed. Jim24 will have the DS solution for this!

anzmi.com

These blokes take it to a whole new level.
I was quite impressed with them to start off with.

It was when they started busting real Vietnam veterans because of some obscure foreign decoration violation or things of that type that I saw the dangers of internet zealotry.

Are these people scared of bringing their problems to ARRSE?

A bit worrying quite frankly.

I was quite impressed with them to start off with.

It was when they started busting real Vietnam veterans because of some obscure foreign decoration violation or things of that type that I saw the dangers of internet zealotry.

Are these people scared of bringing their problems to ARRSE?

A bit worrying quite frankly.
Nail on the head
I think some of the posts on the walt rival FB page sums it all up. Lots of people who want some sort of ego boost to fullfuill their otherwise dull lives, who then go out of their way to better the next one by playing inspector wibble of the Walt flying squad then set up their own FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/AntiWaltsgroup/

Problem being as has been said, real vets then become targets. Not every ex soldier wants to gob off about their time in the forces, but some of these walt hunters have never served themselves but think this is a sign of a walt!!!

One such example.

I should like to take this opportunity to re-dress an accusation that has clung to the good name of Mr. Jain Barrington-Wright for several months.
Questions were raised, due to a Photograph of Mr Barrington-Wright dressed in a US Army Uniform, as to the authenticity of his claim to being an ex-serviceman. Mr Barrington-Wright decided, as was his go...od right, not to answer any questions about his past.

This lack of willingness to answer questions gave rise to the feeling among certain members of this Group, myself included, that Mr Barrington-Wright had something to hide. This is however not the case.

Since then, I have been in contact with Mr Barrington-Wright, who has been more than willing to help us to clear his good name. Without going into personal details of Mr Barrington-Wright, I have confirmed that he has been in contact with a Forces Charity where checks of Military Service are the norm. The feedback from the Forces Charity has been totally positive.

Again respecting his wish for privacy, I can tell you that I am totally convinced that Mr. Barrington-Wright is a Veteran who has served his Country well, being wounded in the process.

On behalf of myself and this Group, I wish to unreservedly apologise to Mr Barrington-Wright for any accusations made against him and for any anguish to himself and to his family that it may have been caused. I wish Mr Barrington-Wright and his family all the best for the future and hope that, from now on, events such as this will be a thing of the past and that his service will be respected.

Respectfully,

Nail on the head
I think some of the posts on the walt rival FB page sums it all up. Lots of people who want some sort of ego boost to fullfuill their otherwise dull lives, who then go out of their way to better the next one by playing inspector wibble of the Walt flying squad then set up their own FB page.

Problem being as has been said, real vets then become targets. Not every ex soldier wants to gob off about their time in the forces, but some of these walt hunters have never served themselves but think this is a sign of a walt!!!

"I should like to take this opportunity to re-dress an accusation that has clung to the good name of Mr. Jain Barrington-Wright for several months.
Questions were raised, due to a Photograph of Mr Barrington-Wright dressed in a US Army Uniform, as to the authenticity of his claim to being an ex-serviceman. Mr Barrington-Wright decided, as was his go...od right, not to answer any questions about his past.

This lack of willingness to answer questions gave rise to the feeling among certain members of this Group, myself included, that Mr Barrington-Wright had something to hide. This is however not the case.

Since then, I have been in contact with Mr Barrington-Wright, who has been more than willing to help us to clear his good name. Without going into personal details of Mr Barrington-Wright, I have confirmed that he has been in contact with a Forces Charity where checks of Military Service are the norm. The feedback from the Forces Charity has been totally positive.

Again respecting his wish for privacy, I can tell you that I am totally convinced that Mr. Barrington-Wright is a Veteran who has served his Country well, being wounded in the process.

On behalf of myself and this Group, I wish to unreservedly apologise to Mr Barrington-Wright for any accusations made against him and for any anguish to himself and to his family that it may have been caused. I wish Mr Barrington-Wright and his family all the best for the future and hope that, from now on, events such as this will be a thing of the past and that his service will be respected."

One such example.
I don't normally concern myself with walts and their hunters, but things like the above tend to warm (if not boil) my piss.

What right have these pathetic **** got to "investigate" somebody who apparently has made no claims to fame nor wishes to talk to them. Shame Mr. B-W can't resort to libel laws in response to their vigour in outing him.

Self opinionated tossers!

Status
Not open for further replies.