Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPARTANS! TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!!

smithie

War Hero
I recommend my old mentor Paul Cartledge's new book, 'Thermopylae', for anyone who wants the history behind the film.

Hollander's 'Persian Fire' is another good introduction.

As for the film itself - deeply inaccurate, disturbingly homoerotic, and a rollicking good war epic. 8/10.

So, can someone who has seen the film tell me why the Spartans wanted to go to a Little Chef for dinner?

Are/were there any Little Chefs with seating for 300? Or did they plan to eat in shifts?

Just wondering.
Regards

T_T

Finished Persian fire today, fantastic book and great jumping off point for further exploration of the Greek-Persian Wars.

Tartan_Terrier said:
So, can someone who has seen the film tell me why the Spartans wanted to go to a Little Chef for dinner?

Are/were there any Little Chefs with seating for 300? Or did they plan to eat in shifts?

Just wondering.
Regards

T_T

They split up in two sections of 150. One was to dine at the Little Chef and the others went to the Happy Eater.
So they told me...