SPARTANS! TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Chief_Joseph, Mar 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw 300 last night. Great film. Lots of violence, flying limbs, random female nudity, and one-liners :headbang: There was even a decent plot (though it really wasn't that important, it's all about the action). It's the most un-apollegetically guy film I've ever seen. I highly recommend it.

2. more of an up pompeii fan myself oorr er missus

3. Chief is that a new film, or an old one????

4. Your good Chief, just got this message and the trailer for the film came on the tele!!!!

5. i wondered why yesterdays daily mail ran a double page article on the spartans yesterday

edited to add just saw the trailer it's a adaption of a frank miller (sin city) comic book of the battle rather than historic texts

6. Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
    that here, obedient to their laws, we lie

7. Oh dear the inner geek in me is about to pop out

One of the trailers for 300 has a single frame cut in of Rosach, a character from Millers Watchmen, which is in pre-production

Its sent the geek comunity into a tizz

If anyone is interested its about 1 min 52 or 58 in imediatly after the two scarred bints kiss, you can't see it in normal speed you literally have to go frame by frame

Now hangs his headin shame of his geekdom

Oh yeah and I'm really looking forward to this movie

8. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Well at least the Spartans, probably the most organised military State the Ancient World ever saw had no truck with Poofters.

No, wait a minute......

They were seriously, seriously Hard Bastards, no doubt about it. Makes modern protests about banning Gays from the army look a bit limp (ooh-er missus!).

9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Well at least the Spartans, probably the most organised military State the Ancient World ever saw had no truck with Poofters.

No, wait a minute......

They were seriously, seriously Hard Bastards, no doubt about it. This noes tend to makes modern protests about banning Gays from the army look a bit limp (ooh-er missus!).

P.S. Does this mean my set of Watchmen comics in the attic will be worth anything? E-Bay here I come :)

10. Is it filmed in the same sort of format as Sin City then? I saw a trailer for it somewhere and couldn't make out if it was in some sort of cartoon format.

11. In Ancient Greek:

Ω ξείν αγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις οτι τηδε κείμεθα τοις κείνων ρήμασι πειθόμενοι

O xein angellein Lakedaimoniois oti têde keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi

Oh, come off it - how many Septics, or Brits for that matter, would know that Iran and Persia are the same place? (Present company excepted, of course.)

Outrage at being reminded, perhaps? They seem to have a problem with inconvenient historical facts.

12. Iranians also seem to forget that Persia wasn't Islamic, either....

13. Wonder if they would be happier with a movie around the battle of Qaddisiyah portaying a heroic, noble, honourable Persians fighting bravely but eventuially going down to defeat at the hands of the evil, savage Muslim hordes. I suspect not ....