Spartan- Ducati-powered track machine!

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Brandt, Sep 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So you can spend 90,000 dollars on a fast ducati engined kit car or somewhere around 10,000 pounds for an even faster Ducati powered Ducati leaving a whole fistful of cash for a proper car.

Im not saying it isnt nice but it isnt 90 grand worth of nice (or is the Aussie dollar really quite worthless and my maths all wrong?)
  2. Couldn't they put a reliable motor in it instead ^_~
  3. You mean like a Harley or something?
  4. Well any engine that doesnt have belts in with nylon tensioners FFS
  5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Yeah it looks cool, but it does absolutely nothing that a bike engined Fisher Fury won't do for a tenth of the price. The Fury is road legal too. Also the fact that one of the most hideous kit cars ever made is also called the Spartan kind of puts me off.

Spartan based on a Ford Cortina:
  6. Booooooorrrring...

Now this IS fun.

KTM X-BOW - KTM-Sportcar GmbH

There is one in Aberdeen, belongs to a chap that does the Paris Dakar on a KTM bike and he just had to have one to mantch the orange and black house! Its is a truely stunning vehicle :)

Attached Files:

7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If I was in the market for an all out speed machine, I'd have to build a Fury with either a Fireblade, R1 or Hyabusa engine. To be honest the looks don't really do it for me but for the price and performance who cares?

Maybe a re-bodied one in aluminium would be cool.

8. I agree the price is way over the top and the engine choice is suspect. It isnt even a novel idea. Im sure they will find 300 buyers though. The world is full of people with more money than sense.