Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spartan Bergen

Purchased a spartan bergen off ebay and now 3 months after throwing it in the field the strap sare now falling off and stitching coming undone! Would love to post photos later but if this is the standard of the kit from dragon i'd steer well clear, i messaged the bloke online but now funnily enough he's disappeared and now the listing itself has gone, apparently he worked at dragon supplies and these were left over from stock and the price was alright

Has anyone else had problems with the kit? dragon supposedly advertise these bergens as well and they are more or less the same thing so will they be willing to help!? nearly 300 quid of my money down the drain and I'm p*ssed off!

I did call up dixies earlier and they for one weren't too confident in dragons kit and they explained they might be able to sort out the problems but if it takes half a day they may well ask 200 odd pounds!

Last edited:

Bob65

War Hero
Purchased a spartan bergen off ebay and now 3 months after throwing it in the field the strap sare now falling off and stitching coming undone! Would love to post photos later but if this is the standard of the kit from dragon i'd steer well clear, i messaged the bloke online but now funnily enough he's disappeared and now the listing itself has gone, apparently he worked at dragon supplies and these were left over from stock and the price was alright

Has anyone else had problems with the kit? dragon supposedly advertise these bergens as well and they are more or less the same thing so will they be willing to help!? nearly 300 quid of my money down the drain and I'm p*ssed off!

I did call up dixies earlier and they for one weren't too confident in dragons kit and they explained they might be able to sort out the problems but if it takes half a day they may well ask 200 odd pounds!

Sounds dodgy from the start, ex employee flogging off nicked seconds maybe? Give Dragon a call and see what the score is.

Shame on you

I can understand why you spunked so many beer tokens on a bit of kit for work when the only alternative you have is the 58 pattern large pack.

It's not as if there's a perfectly good bergan on issue.

Try asking in this FB group, there are a few people in there who do mods and repairs: Facebook Groups

Bob65

War Hero
I can understand why you spunked so many beer tokens on a bit of kit for work when the only alternative you have is the 58 pattern large pack.

It's not as if there's a perfectly good bergan on issue.

He paid “nearly” £300, they are £340 direct from Dragon with a warranty that would cover this!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Spartans didn't carry bergens.

If they taught classical history properly in school, the OP wouldn't have been scammed.

whodrinkswins, can I interest you in an Assyrian waterbottle?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads