Spare me the tears over the white working class

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Contrarian, Jan 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quite an extraordinary article, that pours scorn on the white working class, from Yasmin Alibhai-Brown in the Independent.

So this is the thanks we get for saving her and her family, providing them with free healthcare and education, and paving the way for their future success.

If one were to replace the words 'white working class' in the article with 'Pakistani' or 'black' then I'm sure police charges could well follow. I wonder if the Rozzers would follow through with an investigation if a complaint were made against Alibhai-Brown. Only whites can be racist, you see.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/yasmin-alibhai-brown/yasmin-alibhaibrown-spare-me-the-tears-over-the-white-working-class-1225824.html

2. Can't be arrsed to read it.....can you para-phrase it for me please?

3. Thats why i don't read the independant. As its full of sh1te like that...............

4. Paraphrased:

I'm an immigrant - Gimme Gimme Gimme.

Respect my culture whilst I pour scorn over yours/the one that has saved me.

Clear enough?

5. Oh, one of those articles. Many thanks. Glad I didn't waste my time.

6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Having read other articles by YAB, I sometimes wonder if she isn't some kind of under cover agent-provocateur for the BNP or something. The utter class snobbery that she exudes is astounding.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

What sort of muppet gives O2 thieves like her space to spout their drivel, they should be competing in the blogosphere like the rest of us!

8. Personally I have no drama with immigrants that are here to work, prosper and advance.

But an immigrant who arrives from, say, the Congo claims to be blind and then gets a big television, whilst claiming no end of benefits and not working or advancing (but clearly prospering enough to bring his wife over, and their child and then pumping out another 3 kids)... that get´s my goat.

9. Breathtaking hypocrisy, she is displaying the exact same prejudice she is railing against. Shes fallen for the media's portrayal of the "White" working class in exactly the same way many (not the majority) of working class people have fallen for the media image of all immigrants as lawless, grasping scroungers.

10. Neither do I. However the fault of the above example lies with those in power who allow it to happen, not the individuals concerned. If I lived in a shithole of a country and suddenly noticed that the English would sort me right out Id pack up and fcuk of there!

11. Just a thought... It's quite possible that the red jacketed ancestors of those white working class she so despises were the ones that subjugated her ancestors at the end of a Brown Bess and socket bayonet...

12. White working class culture isnt a fat bloke down the pub calling for the darkies to be put on a boat home .

13. It's quite a large part of it though.

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

So what the hell is she doing living in the land of the oppressor? Oh, that's right, either her or her forebears thought that they would have a better life here - and rightly so - she DOES have a better life than her 'tribe' as she calls it, back in the homeland.

Petriburg, you are a throbber.

15. No it isn't.

The vast majority of people I know are white and consider themselves working class and do not give two hoots about the colour of your skin as long as you pull your weight.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The day the number of Jobless workshy immigrant scroungers outnumbers the number of Native British (white if you prefer) Jobless Workshy Scroungers is the day I will start railing against them.

Unfortunately (or Fortunately - whichever you prefer) they have a bloody long way to go before that day happens.