Spare a thought for HM - she cant be having a good day.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, Apr 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Later today that oaf Brown will visit Her Majesty to ask her to dissolve parliament.

If she is lucky she will only have to see him once more, briefly on 7 May when he calls by to resign as First Lord of the Treasury.

I hope the footmen are well briefed to watch the silver.

I bet HRH manages to make himself scarce during these visits. Perhaps he could pop out and make a show of refusing to shake Brown's hand.
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I hope she gets the pike out, and a long knife.
  3. Well, compared to the weekly visits she has had to endure? Does he monologue her the same way he does Parliament?

Bets she's made to give the monocular one a KG too in the non-too distant future (I think we need to change the rule - a Prime Minister who has won an election ...) Bliar is clearly just hanging on waiting to be recognised as the 2nd coming.
  4. I seem to vaguely remember some footage (for a documentary I think) of one of HM's weekly meetings with him. To say her looks were scathing would be an understatement.

Also I hear she doesn't give them an easy time at tea either!
  5. I rather hope that HM remains, as she has always been, the paragon of virtue, manners and standards. That she treats Brown perfectly, and remains above politics.

No need for her to debase herself at his expense. He's enough of a shit anyway.
  6. Odd's are she's probably quite pleased today. After all, it is the beginning of the end for Mr Brown
  7. So thats 6 of us so far voting Tory is it??
  8. No, not I.

I get the slight feeling this thread is about to go a bit off topic :D
  9. We're automatically all Tories because we feel sorry for the Queen having to meet Gordon Brown?
  10. Not me either. I remember what happened last time they were in. If given the choice, I would vote for a benign dictatorship led by our wise sovereign.
  11. Spare a thought for HM - she can't be having a good day

Seems to imply that she's disappointed that this will be the last meeting with Brown.

Is that what you meant?
  12. One of the things I deeply admire about Her Majesty is how she can keep her composure and dignity when meeting such odious shits as Broon and the rest of the anti Monarchist Neues Arbiets cvnts.
  13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It won't be the last. She may have to go through the usual weekly lies/meetings and then there will be the final humiliating trip to the Palace on 7 May when he hands in his resignation and slinks off into ignominy.

You can just imagine the weekly meetings can't you.

HM: Sit down Brown. One hopes you will be brief, one's milliner is coming at ten and one thinks it is important not to keep such busy lady waiting. Now then what have you done to one's country this week.

Brown (smirking): Uhh, If Your Majesty would like to think of the economy like Wayne Rooney's ankle... (drones on for hours stopping to smirk and giggle occasionally) ... and I promise to invite Your Majesty to Obama Beach for the 2011 celebrations of T-Day.

HM: Thank you Brown, you may go.

Brown slinks out side to be greeted by Phil the Greek practicing shaking hands with what looks like a statue of a commonwealth gentleman in a British military uniform.

HRH: Ah Hallo Brown - Do you want a go? - uh no, probably best if you don't!
  14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

One should imagine that any meeting with Broon will be without tea,coffee,arsenic ect...
  15. only till the lib/dems get PR as a back hander and we can have an arrse party! :D