Spare £1000, what to do with it

Just sold some books and now have just over a grand, the wife said its yours you spend it.

Thing is what to do with it, have a fancy watch, no outstanding debt or any urgent need to spend it so what to do with it?

Thought 4 gold sovereigns or the stock market but thats a bit dull so its Friday night, recommendations?

Just sold some books and now have just over a grand, the wife said its yours you spend it.
Mistake Number 1: Believe that (the bit that follows 'the wife) . . .

Thing is what to do with it, have a fancy watch, no outstanding debt or any urgent need to spend it so what to do with it?
Mistake Number 2: Imagining that the acquisition of some motorbike, however small and inconsequential, represents a bid toward freedom or an expression of indviduality or 'self' . . .

Thought 4 gold sovereigns or the stock market but thats a bit dull so its Friday night, recommendations?
If you'd got them you'd probably not have mentioned it to 'the Wife'. How come?

Buy my Demon 7 guitar, the odd number of strings is messing with my equilibrium.

Sent from my X16 S using Tapatalk

Give me the money and your worries about what to do with it will be gone. I'm selfless that way.

Buy six Amazon Echo and two Dots, set them up as a committee and let them decide on the best way to spend a gra.... oh, wait, you just spent it on the personal finance committee.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Buy my Demon 7 guitar, the odd number of strings is messing with my equilibrium.
Pretend you have an eighth string that only you can hear. It will work. It will be like when Aunt Alice told you there was another world down the rabbit hole.

Don't buy gold, lumpy will declare you senile and nab it.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

Friday night you say? Cheltenham Festival next week. 4 x £250 bets on the second favourite and job's a good un.

Don't buy gold, lumpy will declare you senile and nab it.
I was going to suggest he PMs Lumpy, she could probably do a better deal than 4 sovereigns for a grand.