• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Spar shop and Glamorisation of scumbags

Hi all, Earlier I went for my lunch at Spar. I was looking at the notice board, and noticed a flyer from Sinn Fein promoting republicanisim.

Should I take it down?

Or Report it to the owners.

1. Remove from notice board.

2. Retreat to customer toilets.

3. Wipe arse on flyer.

4. Leave floating in the bowl OR:

5. Replace on notice board. :twisted:

osta

Old-Salt
The clock is ticking, how long before our own resident PIRA cnut posts on this thread?

Come on KevinB you know you want to, you tosseer.

Osta

Romeo_47 said:
Hi all, Earlier I went for my lunch at Spar. I was looking at the notice board, and noticed a flyer from Sinn Fein promoting republicanisim.

Should I take it down?

At the risk of getting hammered on this, but: what exactly is wrong with that? Surely Sinn Fein are a legitimate political party and can promote what they want? What about the SNP promoting Scottish Nationalism?

MsG

Bugsy said:
Romeo_47 said:

Should I take it down?

At the risk of getting hammered on this, but: what exactly is wrong with that? Surely Sinn Fein are a legitimate political party and can promote what they want? What about the SNP promoting Scottish Nationalism?

MsG
(Wah Shield Activated!)The SNP, to the best of my knowledge, are not the political wing of a terrorist organisation responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people, including British soldiers and civilians.

Alex Salmond is a boring cnut and I trust the slimey b@stard as far as I could throw Georges St Pierre. But he's not a former high-ranking terrorist with blood on his hands.(Wah Shield Deactivated!). :roll:

Werewolf said:
Bugsy said:
Romeo_47 said:

Should I take it down?

MsG
(Wah Shield Activated!)The SNP, to the best of my knowledge, are not the political wing of a terrorist organisation responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people, including British soldiers and civilians.

Alex Salmond is a boring cnut and I trust the slimey b@stard as far as I could throw Georges St Pierre. But he's not a former high-ranking terrorist with blood on his hands.(Wah Shield Deactivated!). :roll:
You may not have noticed, Werewolf, but the situation's changed in NI now. It's not ideal, certainly, but it's miles better than it was.

I realise this is a bit of a touchy subject overall on ARRSE, but Sinn Fein really are contributing to the political normalisation of life in NI and, as such, why should they not promote Republicanism. It's not as if it's a completely alien notion, is it? It only means a United Ireland - something I'd also very much like to see.

I don't see you making such comparisons with the Haganah or Irgun units who used to swan around brassing up Brit squaddies in Palestine - until they got to form a gobment (Menachem Begin springs to mind), so whatever Sinn Fein was in the past (and may still be to a certain extent), they're actively working towards a solution with the other political parties. I hope they succeed.

MsG