Spanish PM orders troops out of Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Never_Again1939, Apr 18, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I guess the allies are giving up on this, what a shame? Have they found the WMD's yet?

2. Yes its clear your guessing, the Spanish suffered a devasting attack in which hundreds died. Thus influencing the newly elected government.

and your still a cnut

3. Seems a sensible enough move by the new Spanish PM. Not sure why they would want to stay in Iraq when the Americans seem to have it all so well in hand; was never really sure why the Spanish gave their backing to the U.S. in the first place though.

4. Big lump of Rock hanging off Spains' Arrse might have something to do with it.

5. Does less Spaniards equal more Brits? Bliar must be itching to give his mate Dubya something more after their Friday mutual jerk-off!

Incidentally, Bliar has spouted off on the US ABC news channel about not anticipating the recent troubles. Shouldn't he be telling Parliament?

Impeach him and put him in the Tower!

6. Isnt the rock British?

7. A more likely reason for Spains involvement is the vast wad of dollars that the US invests in Spain to keep its 'stregically' important bases there.

Anyone out there heard of a little thing called 'Transformation'? A project that the US military has going on at the moment. It is all about relocating its forces out of western Europe and setting up of FOB in the Eastern Bloc.

This could help sway the move.

8. Talking about relocating its forces to FOB down in the Eastern Bloc, Why on hell are they doing that???! Russia Isnt a threat anymore, At least I dont see it as a threat. Its Destroying its Nuclear/Chemical Arsenal and doesnt have anymore Sattelite States in Europe! Do the People in the white house know the Cold War is over? :?:

9. Nothing to do with the old threats, more to do with a balance of operating costs and the closer location to likely conflict zones in the future, like erm the middle east.

10. Surely Al-Queda will see this as a major victory. Not only have they got an anti-war party elected, they've also got them to withdraw troops. (Yes I know they would have probably been elected and withdrawal of troops was in their manifesto)

They've also increased the terrorist threat to their european neighbours, surely AQ will try this again.

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

True stuff, AQ will now be rubbing their paws together planning another atrocity in Holland or Denmark hoping for the same results.

12. After recent events I will NEVER again tell jokes about the cowardice of Italians.

The Spanish are now fair game.

I do appreciate the terrible acts committed against the Spanish in Madrid.
    To give into terrorists however sets a dangerous precedent..........

Gore.

13. 1939 showed that appeasement did not work. Good to see nobody learns anything from history.

So what happens if AQ try the same for the UK election next year? That must be on their to-do list! :?

14. Because they are closer to the ME AO, look at a map lately :?:

Tend to agree :D

Hear they just rounded up some more tangos in Manchester this morning, would be they are working towards that goal.

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

And China.... Who will quite possibly, when they run out of natural resources look at kazakstan and that region for their HUGE army to go conquer...