Spanish Casserole

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm about to use a Colmans packet and cook it in my new slow cooker, The ingredients suggested look a bit bland.
Any ideas to make it a bit more exotic? Because its the slow cooker I can add as I go along or nip to the shop for extra spices.
My Mrs is on her chinstrap so I wanna do something nice for her and the kids

Black olives? I've got a Spanish casserole slow cooking in the oven right now - chicken thighs and legs, red onion, black olives, chopped tomatoes and spices...

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
Black olives? I've got a Spanish casserole slow cooking in the oven right now - chicken thighs and legs, red onion, black olives, chopped tomatoes and spices...
I'm gonna get some olives now, what Spices are you using? I'm using diced pork, red and orange peppers onion, carrots and some fir potatoes

Hallucinogenic drugs ground well in a pestle & mortar prior...............................................only saying like!

In all seriousness I find these packets not adequate enough if using in a slow cooker thats fairly full (3 lt capacity) and usually use 2 together.

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
Hallucinogenic drugs ground well in a pestle & mortar prior...............................................only saying like!

In all seriousness I find these packets not adequate enough if using in a slow cooker thats fairly full (3 lt capacity) and usually use 2 together.
I have used two packets and gonna add some extra spice and just found some mushrooms in the fridge so they are going in too

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
"real cold weather food"

See also Ox tail stew,slow cooked in Aga bottom oven for ten hours.Lovely with crisp jacket spuds in Aga for 90 minutes.

If you are going to cook Spanish Cassarole at least do it properly, add Red Wine, Red Chilli, Dry Sherry, Chickpeas, Chopped Tomatoes, Cinnamon, Cayanne Pepper, Garlic and a big handful of roughly shredded Coriander.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
If you are going to cook Spanish Cassarole at least do it properly, add Red Wine, Red Chilli, Dry Sherry, Chickpeas, Chopped Tomatoes, Cinnamon, Cayanne Pepper, Garlic and a big handful of roughly shredded Coriander.
Well seeing as he's posted he's doing it now I reckon it's a bit late to go doing a supermarket sweep.