SPAMs tell the Canuks to Shut the f*%K up!

The United States last night issued an extraordinary warning to Canadian politicians to tone down their anti-American rhetoric or face the consequences.

Washington's ambassador to Ottawa intervened in the Canadian election campaign after politicians north of the border attacked their closest ally and biggest trading partner.

In a televised speech, David Wilkins said: "It may be smart election politics to thump your chest and constantly criticise your friend and your Number One trading partner.

"But it's a slippery slope and all of us should hope it doesn't have a long-term impact on our relationship."

The intervention by a US official in Canadian affairs is virtually unknown and it underlined the strains between the countries as anti-American feeling has soared in the former British dominion. While Mr Wilkins did not name any politicians, his words were primarily aimed at the prime minister, Paul Martin, a once pro-US figure who has won votes in recent years by attacking Washington.
[c]Telegraph

good on the cannuks, at least they still have freedom of speech.

fuk the war hawk republicans, if they were living in 30's germany you would describe them as 'good nazis'

Perhaps the US needs to remind themselves who their biggest trading partner is.

A spokesman for Mr Martin's predecessor, Jean Chretien, was overheard telling reporters that Mr Bush was a moron and an MP from the ruling Liberal party once said: "Damn Americans, I hate the b*****ds."
Outragious. It couldn't be worse if they had told a US Senator to "Fcuk Himself".

Bombard said:
Way hay, lets have a re run of 1812!
And on that note...a properly Canadian apology? An oldie but it still fits. :lol:

A truly Canadian Apology to the USA, courtesy of Colin Mochrie from This Hour Has 22 Minutes, CBC Television:

"Hello. I'm Anthony St. George on location here in Washington.

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry. I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron, but it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all, it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you, doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own. It would be like if, well, say you had ten times the television audeince we did and you flood our market with great shows, cheaper than we could produce. I know you'd never do that.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defence I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours. As word of apology, please accept all of our NHL teams which, one by one, are going out of business and moving to your fine country.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you want to have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

I'm sorry we burnt down your White House during the War of 1812. I see you've rebuilt it! It's very nice.

I'm sorry for Alan Thicke, Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Loverboy, that song from Seriff that ends with a really high-pitched long note. Your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer, but we feel your pain.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this. Because we've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

For 22 minutes, I'm Anthony St. George, and I'm sorry."

Quote:
A spokesman for Mr Martin's predecessor, Jean Chretien, was overheard telling reporters that Mr Bush was a moron and an MP from the ruling Liberal party once said: "Damn Americans, I hate the b*****ds."

Outragious. It couldn't be worse if they had told a US Senator to "Fcuk Himself".

"Fcuk off."
comment alleged to have been made to an opposition MP in the House of Commons directed at the Americans

"I've been called worse things by better people."
comment about being called "that asshole" by Richard Nixon

"Mr. Montgomery, there are only two things I do in bed. One of them is sleep and I wouldn't let you photograph the other one."

Reporter: Will you give up the Mercedes?
Trudeau: Are you talking about the car now, or the girl?
Reporter: The car.
Trudeau: I won't give up either.

"It's not a perfect job, but it sure beats working."

"Oh, for Christ's sake, shut up."
to an MP heckling him in the House of Commons, May 4, 1977

"If you don't stop that, I'll kick you right in the ass."
to a young protester throwing wheat at him in Regina, July 16, 1969

A true statesman!

Repeat of 1812? Now there's an expeditionary operation that will have the country on its side, morale soaring, and do wonders for recruitment and retention. There's a reason why the tanky people go to Canada for their training!

The Bush administration is:

1. Demanding anti-dumping duties on Canadian softwoods exports notwithstanding WTO ruling that Canadian importers didn't engage in illicit "dumping" at impermissibly low prices.

2. Refusing to remit on what amounts to a money judgment by the WTO for anti-dumping duties heretofore collected.

3. Proposing that Canada enter into "negotiations" about this softwoods matter in which Canada already prevailed in a tribunal which the US government was a leading force in organizing.

4. Demanding that persons who cross USA/Canadian border, including Canadian citizens and Canadian landed immigrants, tender passports. This proposal includes US citizens returning home after visiting Canada.

5. Demanding that Canadian federal and provincial governments reverse recent liberalization of Canadian marijuana possession laws.

These episodes have gotten zero play on American television news and only cursory mention in some American newspapers.

I sense that there is some scheme or purpose behind all this but I'm stuck on what it might be.

Not_Whistlin_Dixie said:
The Bush administration is:

1. Demanding anti-dumping duties on Canadian softwoods exports notwithstanding WTO ruling that Canadian importers didn't engage in illicit "dumping" at impermissibly low prices.

2. Refusing to remit on what amounts to a money judgment by the WTO for anti-dumping duties heretofore collected.

3. Proposing that Canada enter into "negotiations" about this softwoods matter in which Canada already prevailed in a tribunal which the US government was a leading force in organizing.

4. Demanding that persons who cross USA/Canadian border, including Canadian citizens and Canadian landed immigrants, tender passports. This proposal includes US citizens returning home after visiting Canada.

5. Demanding that Canadian federal and provincial governments reverse recent liberalization of Canadian marijuana possession laws.

These episodes have gotten zero play on American television news and only cursory mention in some American newspapers.

I sense that there is some scheme or purpose behind all this but I'm stuck on what it might be.
Its a slightly more polite way of telling the Canuks to "shut the f**k up".

And I thought we had a special relationship with the US...... We take part in their war on terror, bail them out south of baghdad, yet we can't open their gizmos because we might release their secrets.........

Well done canada, while you're at it, why not ban fat backsided yanks from your smorgasbord restaurants - they're already had all they should eat.

Not_Whistlin_Dixie said:
like bill hicks said, the repukes dont want the american people looking north to notice that they havent got it any better and are being being duped

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
TankiesYank said:
A truly Canadian Apology to the USA, courtesy of Colin Mochrie
Chiqita, it might be an oldy Over There but thanks for that - LoL bigstyle !....

.....y'know, i've always LIKED Canadians......(even if he did forget Avril Lavigne )

:lol:

Le Chevre

TankiesYank said:
Bombard said:
Way hay, lets have a re run of 1812!
And on that note...a properly Canadian apology? An oldie but it still fits. :lol:

A truly Canadian Apology to the USA, courtesy of Colin Mochrie from This Hour Has 22 Minutes, CBC Television:

"Hello. I'm Anthony St. George on location here in Washington.

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry. I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron, but it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all, it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you, doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own. It would be like if, well, say you had ten times the television audeince we did and you flood our market with great shows, cheaper than we could produce. I know you'd never do that.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defence I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours. As word of apology, please accept all of our NHL teams which, one by one, are going out of business and moving to your fine country.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you want to have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

I'm sorry we burnt down your White House during the War of 1812. I see you've rebuilt it! It's very nice.

I'm sorry for Alan Thicke, Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Loverboy, that song from Seriff that ends with a really high-pitched long note. Your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer, but we feel your pain.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this. Because we've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

For 22 minutes, I'm Anthony St. George, and I'm sorry."
This was great, may be old but I'd not seen it before. Frankly I think we should help the Canadians and join in with a bit of 'Bush Bashing' If we could avoid attacking Texas though...getting tired of going on ops to fcuking hot countries and being there for the oil. Perhaps the Iranians could have that in their sector?

Ottawa's retort?

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (Reuters) - The Canada Border Services Agency has set a provisional anti-dumping duty of 58 U.S. cents a bushel on unprocessed grain corn imported from the United States, and a provisional countervailing duty of US$1.07 a bushel, the Canada Border Services Agency said on Thursday.

The total duty will be US$1.65 on U.S. imports. The duties will be effective immediately.

Canada imposes duties on unprocessed U.S. corn
Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:27 PM EST
http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/ne...ANADA-FOOD-CANADA-CORN-COL.XML&archived=False