Spams kill Iraqi cops in blue/blue

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Packard, Sep 12, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC reports Spams opened up on pick up truck containing ten Iraqi cops who were chasing bad guys in a car. At least ten cops killed.

2. How does that saying go? Something about all the gear...... :(

3. This quote from Reuters UK....

"We were chasing a car when the Americans fired at us," Mohammed said from his hospital bed.

"They continued firing for about an hour despite our pleas for them to stop and to tell them we are police and security."

God Bless America.

4. An Hour?!?!?!

Don't the Spams have any interpreters at their VCPs?

Fuckwits. I can understand a blue/blue in the heat of the moment but an hour fer Chrisakes!!

5. Looks like these spams need more range time......

An hour and they still didn't get everyone!

God damn amateurs.

6. Now...yes, it is stupid.

Instead of just slating the poor-macho-brainless-gung-ho fools i wiuld like to throw a comment into the conversation...

...is it wise to associate ourselves with soldiers of this instability?

...might it perhaps rub-off on our own troops?

...can you see that this is, in the eyes of non-coalition countries, tarnishing our reputation?

...discuss at leisure. Spams welcome! :D

7. Just imagine British Soldiers opening fire on the RUC/PSNI for over an hour!
    It would never happen. Can't believe the Yanks have done this!

8. an hour...

M16:800 rounds per min

800x60=48,000

That's a lot of rounds...

then times 48,000 by the number of american soldiers.

That really is a lot of rounds... 8O

9. dont mention it in GI Jargon, youll get banned. :roll: :roll:

10. Did do and was.

11. The Indy reported they managed to hose off quite a number of 40mm grenades into the bargain, getting a couple into the hospital opposite. The Iraqi pigwagons even had their blues and twos on!! but they still didn't get it! Something tells me they weren't on the same radio net, either..

12. reading this after reading brown envelope funny smell in trousers ?adrenaline :D ?

13. This sort of thing, it just makes you wonder just what training they recieve, i mean i know tensions must be really high and stressful but this dosen't happen with our army.
    I'd like to think my ACF cadets (maybe even the 12yr old recruits) would choose caution before shooting in such a scenario. I mean while i was there a made sure they knew that it was required to identify a target before opening fire. :(

Can't promise they would but i'm sure that even if they did open fire they'd get pretty bored of it in under an hour and peel their fingers of their triggers.

14. Whilst crossing the Kuwait/Iraqi border, we were halted as the EOD lads were doing a mine disposal or two. In front of us was an American wagon with a few squaddies in the back. As soon as the explosion happened the Yanks were hard targeting like men possesed, and only by the grace of God and sh1t weapon handling drills the 50 cal gunner couldnt cock his weapon try as hard as he might. Scary thought if he had wonders what would have happened...
    Brit reaction, ohhhh that must be the EOD det at work then... you got a brew on as we will be here for sometime. The weapons in the wagons not even looked at.