Spams Help

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by mushroom, Jun 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need to write to the quality Spam newspapers to contradict an erroneous statement made by the British Ambassador about who is the First Lady of the Uk.

Can any well intentioned Spam let me know the e-address of whatever passes for a quality newspaper in the land of the free?

Thanks

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

No need for that old boy, Washington Post, New York Times, Wall St Journal (in that order). You might also like to consider Time Magazine and the Economist or The Financial Times (US edition).

You can google all of those to get the official websites/email addresses.

3. Washington Post and New York Times quality papers....now that is fecking funny.

The WSJ is probably your best bet, the rest of the papers are losing readers at an astounding rate, since most are feed up with the tripe the publish as news.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Herald & Tribune is another but that's just name for euro edition of the Washington Post right?

The Post and Times I thought are about as good as it gets are they not?

5. You could route it through the Telegraph, who carry an extract of some spam rag on Thursdays - I'm assuming the arrangement is mutual here.

6. The Los Angeles Times (www.latimes.com) serves a huge contingent of British expats, as well as having a higher overall readership than a lot of the major papers.

Chicago Sun-Times is the other one I can think of. All of those websites have email addresses on their websites.

Did you also consider the Toronto Star? A lot of our news is picked up from them, strangely enough.

Finally, email CNN. It might filter from there, if nothing else.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Yep, Questy read out my email on-air. Among my friends and colleagues I was a god for 24hours! Touched by Questy.

Met his ex-producer on a flight to India once too. Interesting stuff.

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Regarding the Post.....

9. Herald Trib mainly derives copy from news agencies - not really a 'digusted of Tumbridge Wells' type of paper.

10. The Post and Times are in the business of making news not reporting it. The Times had the whole Jason Blair episode and the Post is still basking in the glow of Watergate. Most papers are extremely liberal in slant and don't hide it. They increasingly provide their slant not only in the editorial pages, where it is acceptable, but in the news itself.

When there is no news, in their view interresting news, they tend to sponser a poll and then report that as news.

I get the local paper only on Sundays and only for the adverts and coupons, The bulk of the paper goes in the trash unread.

Newspapers are losing readers quicker then the Titanic took on water...their gig is up along with the big three "mainstream" TV news (ABC, NBC, CBS) :D