Spams Ban PMAGS

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by JoeCivvie, May 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I had the pleasure of visiting a Ranger friend in the US and was taken down to the range on a Saturday. Accustomed to the metal mag I looked forward to using the PMAG as I'd been well aquainted with stoppages and double feeds on the metal ones.

The M4 worked perfectly without a single jam - despite my mong fingers loading the mag.

It's all down to who's got the the biggest clout on Capitol Hill. I smell $$$$ being the main factor.

2. As are most things in the US ...

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Alternatively - US Army acts to stop use of privately-bought magazines that works fine on the range but has proven unreliable in combat? After over 10 years of combat I suspect the US Army is more concerned with stuff that works than keeping a manufacturer happy.

4. You clearly don't know American political culture - corrupt as a Somalian aid worker.

5. Awww, bless.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They'll be selling them off cheap, then?

7. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I've done a lot of work with the US DOD and US defence companies, so I know all about the politics. I have made some tidy cash off US political decisions on procurement. I'm just pointing out that sometimes it's not just about politics and when it comes down to equipment for the front line there's sometimes a normal explanation.

In any case, I find it hard to get as outraged as the OP seems to want us to be.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Having read what purports to be the message from TACOM, isn't it that TACOM are banning units from ordering pmags?

9. and our lot arn't whores as well ??

10. Quite..I have been reading some really quite awe-inspiring stories about the blatant vote rigging going on in the GOP primaries to put the skids under Ron Paul's campaign, and the presstitutes ganging up to keep him out of the press and off the air. someone don't like him much.

11. No outrage expected, required or inferred. I came across this and thought it may be of general interest.

12. Which is rather amusing as the British Army is using the "E" version of these magazines.

Unless you have an L129
    Or a C8.

13. quite a few regionnal police forces use them as well