Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by The-Lord-Flasheart, Jun 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Waste of molecules posting spam here and here.

(The links aren't there so you can post your indignation at the spammer :roll: Ignore)
  2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Cheers - now zapped!
  3. I take it the sheep is the result of you blowing your beans in her. Been a while i take it? :wink:
  4. I thought this was going to be another fecking catering thread.
  5. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

here and here

same ad two times ... if so at least one should do ;)
  6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Done - thanks.

By the way anyone following those links will be taken to, meaning you will no longer be logged in. Change back to again and all will be OK.
  7. YesItsMe

sorry next time i will think of it - for me the .net one is usually faster :)
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

It's exactly the same - the server config file just says

user wants - send him file X
    user wants .net - send him file X
    user wants .com - send him file X

All three will be dealt with in exactly the same queue, by the same software and the same processor and returned to you over exactly the same link.
  9. YesItsMe

well - for whatever reason - and i know you're right ... tell this computer it can't be true

but still after all it is like this ... that's what i call the mysteries in scientific world :lol:
  10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Of course I swore blind that the new theme couldn't be slower and it was (and still is for IE6 users I know - sorry), but this time I really am sure :)

What is does mean is that cookie problems (login / out etc) are sometimes cured (and caused) by switching between them as the cookies are domain specific. A cookie sees a difference, but the processors don't. A processor may be dealing with a bit of number crunching for your request, then a bit for another (.com) request, then yours etc. until it has done the work and spit out the results.

Re speed, the good news is that we have the new server which is just waiting for its operating system install and being wired up at the data centre.
  11. YesItsMe

oh that's brilliant news :thumleft:

hope all goes well with the changing of servers - keeping fingers crossed :)

and yes i know you are right - still it seems to be like this

though i have to admit with the speed we got atm - i couldn't care less :D

all are pretty fast for me ... perhaps .net is a tiny bit faster :lol:
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Done thanks.
  13. mmm nothing quite like that new server smell! delish!