spam webbing kit question

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by growler, Dec 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. In today’s telegraph - sorry can’t link - there is an article on the American troop
    withdrawals from Afghanistan & Iraq. There is an accompanying photo of a spam soldier
    with a odd looking piece of kit on his webbing. It appears to be about 1ft long and 2”wide with , what looks to be a handle and some sort of dial/meter under it
    and has the words “NEWIN” in prominent white lettering on the front. As I have been out for some years I was wondering what it could be? My only guess is some sort of
    searching metal detector thingy as used at airports etc.
  2. It's here

    Looks like a search tool to me, dunno if I can say our usual name for it or not?

    Either that or a big gay American knife 8O
  3. msr

    msr LE

  4. No you can't counterstrike. Hope that helps? :D
  5. Its called a hoodlum and it's a metal detector of sorts.
  6. Oh Benobo, you're going straight to the big fire for that one!!! 8O :twisted: