Spain's Stolen Babies - BBC. Yet again the Catholic Church...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, Oct 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Spain's Stolen Babies is on the beeb tonight and it was previewed on Breakfast this morning.

For years the Catholic Church in Spain has been kidnapping babies, telling their mothers that they baby died at birth and selling them to 'good catholic families'. I'm not sure why I am afain so shocked by this. They kidnapped children after the war to hand to 'good catholic families' even when they knew who the real parents where.

We are begining to find out what went on in Ireland - do we know the full extent of any evils done by them in the UK?

I'm a recovering catholic and I have nothing but contempt for this evil organisation.
  2. Close enough to Portugal?
  3. BuggerAll

Nothing would surprise me.
  4. Didn't the British Government pack off orphans to the colonies in the 50s on the QT? Not much different really IMO, demigods in positions of power deciding what's best for kids that have no idea what's happening.

Disgusting actions in the name of what?
  5. Quote "Disgusting actions in the name of what? "

Giving those orphans a better life in Oz.Although that's not quite how it worked out for some of them.
  6. BuggerAll

They did and even worse many of them fell into the clutches of the catholic church and where severely abused.

The idea behind the policy had some merits. Orphaned children sent off to a better life in Australia rather than being stuck in care in the UK leading to a life of crime etc.

Of course the execution was not so clever - especially where the catholic church got involved - and some of the orphans where not quite as orphaned as others - those with single mothers.
  7. I also heard this piece this morning and I did wonder about the thought processes that caused these nuns and priests to act the way they did. But then the phrase 'the end justifies the means' entered my head and all became clear to me. In their sick and twisted way they were serving Mother Church and if thousands of ignorant and God Fearing parents grieved, so what, it was all done in the name of God.
  8. BuggerAll

"Allahu Akbar". If this god of theirs is so great, so omnipotent why does 'he' have to rely on perverted priests and nuns to kidnap kids and suicide bombers to murder and maim?

Is there any difference between Islamic extremists and catholic extremists?
  9. Nope.
  10. If you think about it the similiarities between the two are scary.

Each sect believes that their holy book comes directly from god.
    Both think that women should keep their heads covered.
    Each has a period of fasting built in to the yearly calander
    Each believes that anything they do in the name of their religion is automatically right or at the very least can be forgiven if the correct rituals are observed.

I am sure we could go on all day.
  11. Yes - one is a suicide bomber and the other is a suicide bummer.
  12. The Catholics have better tunes though.
  13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Just a bad habit.
  14. The Catholic church has an awful lot to answer for. I get the feeling there is a lot more to come.
  15. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Don't get too carried away blaming the Church - our Government still does this. Social Workers takes children from their parents all the time, to put them in 'better homes'. the parents aren't even allowed to tell their MPs. Plenty of info about this out there, as well, it's just that the papers don't want a writ and court order against them for contempt.

Having a go at a Church is much easier.
    • Like Like x 2