Spain has its faults but....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by mortars2cg, Apr 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The bodies of four Spanish soldiers killed in Haiti were flown back to Spain,accompanied by defence minister Carmen Chacon.
    The King and Queen of Spain ,along with the prime Minister attened their funeral.

A home owner, in Spain, was cleared of shooting two burglers dead when he caught them robbing his house.
    He claimed he feared for his and his family's life when he disturbed the burglers in the middle of the night.
    The burglers , who were armed with knives were shot dead with a legally owned hunting pistol.

If only..
  2. We fought for our freedoms four hundred years ago, so our politicians have had plenty of time to steal them back, the Spanish didn't finish fighting until 1936 so give them time
  3. Got any good dits about the Civil War? How was Edgehill?
  4. Spain has its faults without doubt - but I'm certainly glad I live there than back in the UK.

A Guardia Civil officer told me that if I disturbed a burglar in my house and he happened to die, then get the body out onto the street before calling them - they reckon its easier to deal with..... haven't had to try it yet.........
  5. The Spanish do make a big thing out of funerals and the Royal family are very attentive to incidents like this, and the PM and leader of the opposition ditto.
    However they don't have anywhere near the same casualty rate as we do so with my cynical head on I can say that they can afford to do so.
    Mind I do have a lot of time for ther Royal family here, and they are widely respected, the king is a great old lad.

As to finishing fighting in 1936, they didn't have any political freedoms until after Franco popped his clogs and got a parliament in '78. However true to the traditions of european politics they have managed to piss off and make most of the people totally disillusioned with the whole lot of avaricious, party-minded, self-centred, trotters-in-the-trough, little tinkers, in possibly record time. Hats off gentlemen.

Dead bodies? I live by a lake, easy to hide the evidence. :twisted:

Oh, and the legal age for having sex is 13 over here, so there are advantages to this place. Excuse me it's school finishing time soon and I want to get a good place.
  6. You can shoot burglars under those circumstances in the UK as well.

You don't have to live in a thrid world country to have the right of self defence.
  7. Spain is now consdered a Third World Country? :? That ought to come as a surprise to King Juan Carlos. OTOH, a lot of the countries that made up their overseas empire (Latin America, South America, Phillipines) are probably fairly described as such. ;)
  8. It may have escaped your notice, but we can't shoot them with imaginary pistols and by the time you'd got the keys to the cabinet, managed to extract a weapon and load the villain would likely be removing his knife from your back.
  9. Chile aint....
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

It always was. You've got England. First world. Obviously.

Scotland, Ireland and the sheep shagging Dwarves, second world.

Then you've got the poor benighted Heathen. Third world.

So, Diago, if you could arrange adequate seating in the shade, and refreshments for the ladies, you may be about your chucking donkeys off of church roofs and bowing the knee to an ex-Nazi kiddy-fiddler denier in a frock.

No ice in my Sangria. Thanks.
  11. You display an innate and rare knowledge of the culture iron duke
    Get down there and bring our Maddie back
    her family and the Daily Express are relying on you
  12. After spending a bit of time there recently, mainly dressed as an Essex bird, I did notice that they do have a disproportionate amount of really, really fcuking fit women.

On top of that if you want a shotgun all you have to do is stroll down to the Town Hall and tell them.

A rifle? No problem. (reloaders are a different story for some reason though, they like to charge lots for their ammo and like to keep it in house)

And you can open a bank account there and they don't care where the money comes from (within reason, but the bank manager laughed and said "this is Spain, not the UK" when I asked him if they had to declare my input to said account to the British taxman)

They also have excellent "home defence" laws and their greasy military don't act all PC if you accidentally drive up to one of their gates, you are left under no illusions that you really need to fcuk off.

Add to that the sun, the way that we make the locals slaves at the permanent Brit resorts, the Spanish birds, the Spanish birds, the Spanish birds and the Spanish birds and I can definitely see why so many Brits make it a bolthole.

It makes it all the better that Sean Bean beat them all up and that we only pulled out because the Sangria ran out.
  13. TheIronDuke

So as a violent money laundering Essex lesbian with a penchant for pushing your luck with third world military, whats your take on the long term viability of the Large Hadron Collider?
  14. When the first micro black hole is created, I want one. Failing that a Higgs boson particle will do.
  15. TheIronDuke

What you doing next Tuesday afternoon? I have a charmed quark that will fascinate you. I also have a strange anti-down quark, but its early days. Lets not rush things.