Spacecraft Operations jobs in Germany

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by Wharfe, Nov 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I'm an ex REME Avionics tech myself and been flying spacecraft for the European Space Agency for the past ten years.

We often have vacancies which would ideally suit REME or Signals techs. The pay is decent and it is based in Darmstadt Germany ( 20 Km south of Frankfurt, Robert-Bosch-Straße , Darmstadt - Google Maps )

If you want more details then drop me a PM.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sounds fascinating; unfortunately I am not qualified.

Slipping into Arrser mode, can you confirm that the US didn't put money into manned missions to Mars because they've been secretly going there for the past 10 years anyway?
  3. I can't confirm that, although it might explain why we lost Beagle 2 when we dropped it on Mars, it may have seen something it shouldn't have.......

No need, I've got my REME BAT wings, that trumps all.
  4. Just got a new vacancy come up, if anyone is interested then drop me a message.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I'll forward this to a mate, I take it for a Spacon the contract linked to a specific mission - which one?
  6. thanks for the heads-up, PM sent
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You left a visitor message in my inbox - you need to send a PM to Wharfe if you have not already done so.
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Luckily, I am not a satellite receiving the wrong housekeeping data.......... :)
  9. Not a very good start - shouldn't have been doing three things at once - PM now sent to correct person !
  10. There are two vacancies at the moment, not certain which missions at the moment though. There are a few people due to change positions so it's going to shuffle things around. Most likely missions are GOCE or Galileo at ESOC and over the road at EUMETSAT on Metop.
  11. PM sent Wharfe
  12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Cheers, can get the rest of the details myself. When you say shuffle do you mean the normal Thorn/Vega/et al contract change bun fight, or just individuals?
  13. Shuffling within the same company (Serco) under the ops frame contract. No big contract renewals at the moment (Engineers one just started last month), you sound like you are well aware of what goes on, did you used to work here as well?
  14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I guess that will be everyones favourite cynical scouser Mark T then - nope never heard of the place.
    ... and nobody has ever really worked at space club have they? ;-)