Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by labrat, Jan 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been looking at these:

Very tempted, great for keeping my kit tody and organised, but rather steep at £120 each - anyone seen anything similar or cheaper around that would do the job???
  2. Definitely looks the business pal.
  3. Ideal for kit freaks :lol:

4. Fcuking hell look at the price!
    Why not the much cheaper "bergen and holdall" approach?
    If you really want a box buy those plastic boxes with shelves in that mechanics and electricians use from B&Q, or nab the one your Dad keeps his DIY tools in in the shed! Better than shelling out 120 beer tokens!
  5. looks nice. cheaper to get yourself a massive plastic toolbox type case...
    B&Q do them for about 30-40 quid
  6. How about an MTM 'Sportsman's Utility Dry Box'? The larger 'SPUD-7' model has pretty much all the same features and is 1/5th of the cost. My target shooting club uses a couple to store the club's ammo on the range. I can confirm that they are of good quality and very rugged. They have 'O' ring seals to keep everything dry and a couple of locking tabs for padlocks.

Tim Hannam in Leeds is advertising them in Gun Mart for £24.68. Number is 01977 681639.

7. I use some of the plastic foot locker available in most US PX. Loads cheaper and very strong etc.
  8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

How about one of these ?

9. This one might be more your style Cuts... :D

10. If its for a Tour Labrat then def go with the footlockers suggested by Inf/MP. They are cheap and nasty but do the job. If not then look around the ones Gun_Nut has suggested look good. If money is no object then Peli cannot be beaten for quality or variety. Check EBay, there are loads of genuine and replica models for sale.
  11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Yeah, that'll be good as long as there's room for a roll of black nasty - they little ponies make a horrible mess when they split.
  12. The only thing you'll split them with is an axe!
  13. Camp Doha PK had something very similar for about $100.
  14. Rat,

Loads of boxes from this mob - got mine through PRI. Local hardware stores have em too. Cheap and strong!

Happy hunting!

15. How do you get one of those "foot lockers" that someone mentioned short of ending up in somewhere very dusty and hot alongside the Spams then?

What IS a footlocker anyhoo, hows it different from a toolbox?