Space

Not true, Helen Sharman went up in a Soyuz, 1992.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
jimnopidy said:
[align=left] Todays' breaking news
'[/align]ARMY PILOT BECOME 1ST UK ASTRONAUT' :D
A Royal Air Force official spokesman said.... 'Bastards' ! :oops:
They've never been very good at navigating, those AAC guys, have they?!?!

Oi - they're iiiin the sssaaaaaaaannd! They, they ain't helping very much are they dad?

PT - 4 of the 6 were US citizens and 1 was a dual national! All went up in either US or Russian spacecraft. Hardly a great patriotic achievement for us, I would think.

There was another AAC officer - Tim Mace who made it to the starting line as well.

Cpl_ripper said:
Not true, Helen Sharman went up in a Soyuz, 1992.
Would that not make her a "Cosmonaut"? (ie she likes to read Cosmo :D )

You know when us Brits get all upset by Hollywood movies underplay UK contributions to e.g. WW2 (U571, SPR, etc). Does that entitle us to get all patriotic when a British-born (but US citizen) goes into space (on a US or Russian spaceship) to a (US/Russian/others except UK) spacestation?

I remember the BBC news fawning over Sellers and Foale like they were some great British heroes, that's all.

Helen bloody sharman.
She told me in no uncertain terms to go and sit down and wait till the end when I asked for her autograph in a lecture intermission.
I was about 10 at the time :x .

Squiddly said:
Helen bloody sharman.
She told me in no uncertain terms to go and sit down and wait till the end when I asked for her autograph in a lecture intermission.
I was about 10 at the time :x .
Shes just gone from cool brit pioneer (if thats the right turn of phrase) to tw@t for me, fancy saying that to a 10 year old, How long does it take to sign a fricken autograph??