Space Standards for Transit Accommodation

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ceecee, Aug 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. apologies if this is the incorrect forum, (and this is a serious question) can anyone tell me the laid down space standards agreed for transit accommodation. Is it in line with the government standard for dormitory accommodation or does the military have its own rules?

PS - and is there a generic risk assessment for the use of bunk beds?
  2. I believe there is although I dont know where you would get it from. Something along the lines of no use of sleeping bags on top bunks.
  3. JSP 315 - Accommodation Standards. See your QM. Why would there be a RA on bunk beds, and why would you not use sleeping bags on them?

4. Thanks
  5. Maybe because it's harder to stop yourself from falling out of bed when in a sleeping bag?

And I have seen this happen... fcking laughed my tits of!
  6. There is something about the free availability of cold water and distances from
    cook houses I recall. The more cold water and further distance the better. IMHO the transit at Chilwell is the best. Far from the cookhouse and with oodles of non-hot water.
  7. Your joking right ? transit acomdations has standards good one .
  8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I was in transit accom in NW Bos in '96 at a Canadian 5 Airborne loc. The transit corimecs were very comfortable. Waking the following morning I was a bit upset to see the entire camp and gone to the bunkers when RPG's sailed in and left us to sleep through the event in our cori's. Would have been nice if somebody had come and got us...