Space Shuttle Performance Modifications

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by LostBoss, Nov 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I came upon this thread on Pistonheads.

Pimp my Rocket

Has anyone else got any Space Shuttle modding experience?

I tried "chipping" it but when i opened the service panel I was faced with 27,567 seperate chips in one bank alone and the manual was no help!
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's a tricky problem alright. The first step (and the cheapest) is to put a go-faster stripe down the boosters. At least if it's not going any faster, it will look like it is.

Don't do anything to the exhaust, it's loud enough already, and probably more smoke and flames than you need to look good on the strip.

Have you considered some of that 2-colour paint and some neon?
  3. I have some worries about the err carbon footprint of the space shuttle.
  4. Little LED lights in the windscreen wash nozzle may be a viable option, or add spinners to the wheels.

Never underestimate the power of chrome, and a killer sound system.
  5. left it on the drive over the weekedn and now can't get the key fob to open the drivers door.

Apparently I need to "Lift tile 13,456 and manually release door catch" of course the numbers have worn off in re-entry and theya ll look the fecking same.

The AA were no help and it looks like I've got to take it on the back of 747 to Houston to get the main dealers to sort it out.
  6. i have it on good authority (my dad) that tile 13,456 is the one just under the thingy that falls off just after it takes off...not the accidental falling off thingy,the supposed to fall off thingy! Hope that helps!
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Bucket seats - always a bonus if you are facing upwards in the driving seat.

I know it's sooooo last decade, but I still think furry dice are cool.
  8. Get some dark fablon or bacofoil and do a really bad job of applying it to the inside windows. This will stop people from looking in when you're doing a re-entry.

Also - go for one of those customised name plates. The sans serif 'Columbia' looks so naff. Go for C01OM81H. Whip off the stars and stripes and put one of those little Sikh icons on it or 3 lions.

Also - low profile tyres. You won't be using them very often.

Does the SatNav work?
  9. You could do a soft top conversion - it's all in the Haines Manual. Chapter 87564, Section 76.1
  10. It works a damn sight better than it did on my previous Russian R 56. The Ruskie accepted no postcode entry other than NY USA and would accelerate there hard before going sub orbital and attempting to release the payload - me. Had to get rid in the end - got fleeced by some Arab guys who wanted it for their kids to have a blast in.
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Here's mine:

You'll note that I have gone for the go-faster stripes, the 'pen!s-extension' look on my main fuel tank, the under-body neon, and my own custom 'Fila' plates.

I'm working on the wheels.

12. A word of warning, LostBoss. If you park your space shuttle in a public area, you are likely to be accosted by "shuttle Walts". These people are highly annoying and will spend hours boring you with technical details about "Death Stars", "light speed" and "the force" etc.Some of them even claim to have visited other galaxys and they have the medals to prove it!

13. That bloke on the right: the rebel forces better hurry up and get the XL-Wing fighter into service - there's no way he'll fit into a normal X-Wing! And is it just me, or does Luke look a bit genetically-challenged?