Soviet KMLK camo suits in GSFG in early 1980’s

But considering it is a very old bit of kit, not bad when looked at in that light, clearly nothing like an SVD but maybe they had shortages or kit was damaged and had to make do and mend in Afghan? Dated or no, still looks alley as F.
Maybe it was for slotting strays?

ugly

LE
And thanks for the insight, how crap are we talking here? When compared to say the SVD.
Not having used the svd I couldn’t really be fair but even compared to the No4 it’s crap

Proff3RTR

War Hero
Not having used the svd I couldn’t really be fair but even compared to the No4 it’s crap
Works for me, I have onl
I thought the green/black suit was for the Recce units including the Regt and Div recce company and battalions.
that was my initial thought, well at least that was what we went by during my time spent in Recce Tp (91-99)

Proff3RTR

War Hero
Coin flips, have fired the Moisin but not the SVD, have fired the No4 & L42, have to admit both were imho far superior to the Moisin, good weapons again imho.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Having said I couldn't recall the camo, here's a few pictures of a tubby Stasi chap who got a bit too close to our wagon and thought he could hide in a field of barley, so we flushed him out. His driver found the whole show amusing.

Sting sang about this field.

1634897209207.jpeg

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
On a more serious note. We were observing a Soviet artillery range at dusk in the summer of 1986. The Stasi chap wanted a picture of me photographing the Soviet kit and failed. The ACRV 3 crew were playing with their laser range finder which lit up the dusk air full of dust and pollen. Those pictures enabled the finding that ACRV 3 had a ruby laser range-finder (because the beam was pink). The Sovs would have pointed it at us if they had seen us and a laser through a camera lens is not a happy ending for a retina.

Proff3RTR

War Hero
Having said I couldn't recall the camo, here's a few pictures of a tubby Stasi chap who got a bit too close to our wagon and thought he could hide in a field of barley, so we flushed him out. His driver found the whole show amusing.

Sting sang about this field.

View attachment 611211
Fcuk me, he is a right chubby borsch truffle pig isn’t he! Bet you saw a few things doing that job, have always wondered exactly what you lot got up to.

ugly

LE
We held a handful of digital pattern coveralls for playing enemy in! Needles to say all were huge

Latest Threads