Soviet Assassin's Weapon

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by maguire, Jun 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

Russian silent MSP manual | Forgotten Weapons

'This is the manual of Russian MSP pistol (Malogbaritniy Spetsialniy Pistolet – Small Size Special Pistol). It’s something like a 2 barreled (over and under) derringer. The advantage of this gun is it’s special ammunition. Cartridge case has a piston behind the bullet, which pushes the bullet and seals the gases inside the case! So the shot is noiseless and no flash is generated from the muzzle. It’s caliber is 7.62mm (.30cal) , muzzle velocity is 150meters per second (490 ft/s), weights about a pound.'

interesting...anyone know if this was ever used in the field?

2. Yes, it's all in here; Amazon.com: Terminate With Extreme Prejudice (9781841199474): Richard Belfield: Books A cracking read, well researched and not at all tinfoil-hatty. It's quite some time since I've read it, but the Sovs. had a whole department devoted to this kind of thing. The cock-ups that occurred were quite incredible; the Sovs allowed one assassin's family to emigrate to the West before he was sent on his mission.

Once in the West, he promptly defected and told the Int. services everything. I recommend the book highly, it makes 007 look pedestrian.

3. I told you it was 2 esses.

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

hmm...cheers. have to stop buying books though - I have far too many in the 'unread' pile.