Sovereign Citizen idiots

For those of you who don't know; Sovereign Citizens are people who believe that the laws of the land do not apply to them - usually whilst driving (or travelling as they like to say!)
The following footage is from the US but you get these people in most western countries.
Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
Also: You may be interested to know that Sovereign Citizens are classed as Domestic Terrorists in the US.
Enjoy the video.

For those of you who don't know; Sovereign Citizens are people who believe that the laws of the land do not apply to them - usually whilst driving (or travelling as they like to say!)
The following footage is from the US but you get these people in most western countries.
Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
Also: You may be interested to know that Sovereign Citizens are classed as Domestic Terrorists in the US.
Enjoy the video.
Some are classified as Domestic Terrorists, and those would be the more extreme kinds. Mostly they are just a pita to deal with. But none the less the polite ones are easy to deal with, the belligerent ones tend to attract unwanted attention.

There was some ex army chap locally who was into all that kind of thing, then they really hit the news

An ex-soldier who admitted trying to build a sub-machine gun in a shed at his home has been made the subject of a hospital order.

Llifon Huw Jones, of Trem yr Wyddfa, Penygroes , declared he was allowed to seize Crown lands under the terms of the Magna Carta.

Angered by the Brexit vote in 2016, he set up the North Wales Lawful Rebellion and, in January last year, posted notices on two properties in the Penygroes area claiming possession.

One of the guys that was rather big in the Freeman on the Land movement offed himself a few years ago after seeing what this belief system had become.

John Harris - RationalWiki

It's just another conspiracy theory wrapped up in everyday life for mongs to feel important and gives an excuse for sh!tty people to continue their behaviour with a smug sense of righteousness.

Sure that this has already been covered in previous freds.

There are a thousand examples of these pillocks being skewered in court.

This was written by a Canadian Judge with regard to the whole movement, there are very interesting remarks on these parasites.

2012 ABQB 571 (CanLII) | CanLII

It's awfully amusing when the Law Enforcement community drag them kicking and screaming from their cars, or tase them in the courthouse.

I had a colleague in work (long since departed after a classic hissy fit in the office) who tried making out this was a real thing, and I just laughed at him.

We get them occasionally - quotes I have had include:

'Are you acting on your oath?' 'Can you recite your oath?' 'Are you acting in the capacity of a Constable or an Officer?' 'Is that statute law?' 'I don't consent to statute Law so any arrest would be unlawful'.

They usually get a reply along the lines of 'Sir, your comments mean nothing and you can explain it all to the custody sergeant if you like, by the way my body-worn video is recording'.

I had some gobby tw@t who informed me that he was a third year law student and that under Magna Carta I couldn't arrest him just for being drunk and disorderly...he was wrong, I could and did.

I don't know what the hell law book you're reading, man, but it doesn't apply to me.</em> —A freeman named Robert just before getting tased by a court bailiff. With thanks to Wiki.

When a taser is used does it just give one shock and then conk out or can you pull the trigger more than once?
There's a few different types with different modes

1 mode is like a cattle prod when you poke the perp with it and hit the button. The prongs don't penetrate etc, it's just like a "move along, move along"

Another is the classic "shoot from a distance and the barbs penetrate and stick in and you can give multiple shocks until the perp complies...or pisses & shits himself and dies.