Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by scousadan, Jan 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not quite sure if this is the right place to post this, after all this is the naafi and im probably going to get the back ripped out of me for this stupid question haha

but anyway i've always wanted to know

we all know in the good ol' days if ya slotted a Nazi you'd have his helmet his p.38, luger or whatever as a souvenir.

What are the rules like nowadays though surely in this PC age, you wouldn't be allowed spoils of war.

What lil souvenirs have you's brought back from a tour, and i don't mean the clap because you were shaggin' the local girls haha

i stand by for the naafi barrage haha :D
  2. Barrage suspended. Can't be bothered.

As for trophy hunting, strictly forbidden. I would never be seen taking anything from an operational theatre, not even three shiny bayonets.
  3. Since 1945 all spoils of war and captured equipment become Government property. Thieving bast rds.
  4. I know a certain bloke who has was leading the NBC team going into Chemical Ali's house in Baghdad, who now owns a small portion of his bonzo. Spoils of war it's not, but it's a good conversation piece!
  5. Strictly a no-no. But there are ways and means to get things back from theatre.
  6. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Apparently you can't take spent AT4 tubes home through Baghdad International..
  7. Naaah you can get it all on E-Bay now mate....and it's far less dangerous :D
    picked up a nice 25pdr field gun only last week..and as a added bonus I got great feedback.
  8. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Ah lucky, the only thing I could find was|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Only been dropped once!